Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-06-2019, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FungusTrooper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not the guy you asked, but I'll help
Awesome thanks, I'm off to the races. It's amazing the amount of networking and design and coding knowledge I've picked up over the years just mucking around with games. Someone mods something and I want to tweak it or better understand it and next thing I know I'm swimming in it.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FungusTrooper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not the guy you asked, but I'll help - most EQ files are packs. Kinda like zip files. The sounds are stored in snd#.pfs files (ie snd1.pfs, snd2.pfs, etc). Almost all the EQ pack files (pfs files included) are openable using S3DSpy, a free utility program.

So you use S3DSpy to open and extract the files (in this case, normal WAV files), you edit them, then you repackage them using S3DSpy.

It's the same for replacing textures, which is how Psycher is doing his HD texture project a few topics below this one.
ya this is what i used. i was originally a bit anxious bc my spyware flagged it.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 11-06-2019, 05:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
was sick of the obnoxiously loud sounds in classic EQ. i fixed it and replaced them with a more pleasant sound that enhances the classic experience. figure i give back to the community and share my custom sounds. now you can turn on the 'Environment Sounds' in your options and not want to rip your ears out

this includes:
- thunder
- rain
- wind
- ocean
- scary night time forest sound thing

download link (if there's a better website to use for me to upload, please let me know. this was the first one i found on google search.

I found an old thread that apparently does the same thing. However, yours is much more updated apparently. Not sure if you took a look at some of the edits in the following thread. It may be useful.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=27308

Also can you take a look at fanfare1 fanfare2 fanfare3 etc..? Currently it plays over and over and OVER again if you are sitting outside certain cities.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xruptor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found an old thread that apparently does the same thing. However, yours is much more updated apparently. Not sure if you took a look at some of the edits in the following thread. It may be useful.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=27308

Also can you take a look at fanfare1 fanfare2 fanfare3 etc..? Currently it plays over and over and OVER again if you are sitting outside certain cities.
I replaced many of the default sounds with custom sounds. like the thunder sounds is now something you would listen to when trying to fall asleep. same goes for nighttime sounds and ocean sounds.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 11-06-2019, 10:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I replaced many of the default sounds with custom sounds. like the thunder sounds is now something you would listen to when trying to fall asleep. same goes for nighttime sounds and ocean sounds.

This is great! Have you looked into that horrible water sound in Innothule Swamp? Like right at the exit of the Troll town. Maybe something a bit softer? Also not sure if you took a look at fanfare1, fanfare2, fanfare3 etc.. These are the ones that play right after you exit the High Elf city at the gates. Over and over again.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this! You rock!
Old 11-07-2019, 04:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xruptor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is great! Have you looked into that horrible water sound in Innothule Swamp? Like right at the exit of the Troll town. Maybe something a bit softer? Also not sure if you took a look at fanfare1, fanfare2, fanfare3 etc.. These are the ones that play right after you exit the High Elf city at the gates. Over and over again.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this! You rock!
i feel like the problem is all of the default EQ sounds are at like 125% volume and the environmental sounds are at 150%. another annoyance is that each snd file has like 30+ embedded sounds in them and there are i think 12 snd files in total so thats like 500 sound files to filter through. finding them is also rough because the file name isn't always obvious.

i've only really altered or reduced super annoying sounds that the general player base suffers; it's not tied to a specific zone area. so it's mainly environmental sounds. i used to play with it turned off because they were just egregiously loud. now i can enjoy the tranquil sounds the ocean waves make when they break on the beach.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Last edited by supermonk; 11-07-2019 at 05:02 AM..
Old 11-07-2019, 10:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
i feel like the problem is all of the default EQ sounds are at like 125% volume and the environmental sounds are at 150%. another annoyance is that each snd file has like 30+ embedded sounds in them and there are i think 12 snd files in total so thats like 500 sound files to filter through. finding them is also rough because the file name isn't always obvious.

i've only really altered or reduced super annoying sounds that the general player base suffers; it's not tied to a specific zone area. so it's mainly environmental sounds. i used to play with it turned off because they were just egregiously loud. now i can enjoy the tranquil sounds the ocean waves make when they break on the beach.
Ah that would make sense as to why some of these sounds are extremely annoying and loud. It would have been nice if there were additional volume sliders for these scenarios but you've explained it well. I always did wonder why the sliders never really adjusted these sounds and since they are packaged already at such incredible volume levels, then nothing I would have done would have mattered.

BTW the Thunder/Raining you put is much better and very relaxing! Thanks again for all your work. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-08-2019, 01:15 PM
Fire Giant

download link now includes:
- swamp
- lakes
- rivers
- jungles
- cauldrons

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 07-12-2020, 08:03 PM
Sarnak

any chance for a fix to get rid of the ding sound for quest turn ins? they are like 1000% louder than everything else and i have to turn my sound off when doing turn ins even with volume set at 5% ingame
Old 07-13-2020, 10:42 AM
Banned

"This upload does not exist." Could someone repost the latest update from supermonk please?