Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 03:09 PM
Fire Giant

Default teach me how to become a superbard

supermonk i am yes...but teach me how to become a superbard?

i just got 27 charm...teach me best ways to get da exps? love u longtime.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 01-06-2020, 04:15 PM
Fire Giant

Charm mob 1, have it attack mob 2, pbaoe song, backup. Charm mob 2 when charm breaks, attack mob 1, pbaoe song. Rinse repeat. Step in to melee and tank a bit if one mob is getting beat down too fast or something. Easy way to level
Old 01-06-2020, 04:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charm mob 1, have it attack mob 2, pbaoe song, backup. Charm mob 2 when charm breaks, attack mob 1, pbaoe song. Rinse repeat. Step in to melee and tank a bit if one mob is getting beat down too fast or something. Easy way to level
damn, thats a lot of sequential clickings, and if 1 misclick seems like the bard will be in big trouble.
Old 01-06-2020, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

This is why bards don't talk in groups. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-06-2020, 07:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sorry i'm partially retarded. what do you mean by "pbaoe song, backup"?

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 01-06-2020, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sorry i'm partially retarded. what do you mean by "pbaoe song, backup"?
It means you use your dots to assist with killing the mobs faster while switching charm targets every 18 seconds. Once you get single dot at 30 and eventually your 2nd and 3rd ones you just load the mob up with dots from afar while switching charm targets. So powerful and insanely fast, especially before 50 when you don't yet need to use your mana costing charm to get xp. I had a fungi on my bard and did solo dungeon crawls in mostly avoided places like dalnir. Nurga/droga are pretty ideal because the zone is spaced out so nicely and a lot of the mobs are in pairs, but if you're good with timing you really don't need much space.
Last edited by Crede; 01-06-2020 at 08:49 PM..
Old 01-06-2020, 09:07 PM
Fire Giant

so i tried doing this with dots, but when i swap charms my pet can't hold aggro. should i do one dot instead of two?

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 01-06-2020, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so i tried doing this with dots, but when i swap charms my pet can't hold aggro. should i do one dot instead of two?
Hmm, swapping charm targets after breaks usually does it. Possible you are out dpsing the pet with your dots at that lvl 27, that won't happen for long. Try one dot and see.
Old 01-06-2020, 11:57 PM
Fire Giant

backup literally means back up, give yourself some room for when charm breaks and you recast it on the other mob, save yourself some hits. When charm breaks, if the firs thing you do is charm the next mob and send it back on your old pet, they should take aggro immediately, unless of course your super close or something. Charm is a mem blur
Old 01-07-2020, 01:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
backup literally means back up, give yourself some room for when charm breaks and you recast it on the other mob, save yourself some hits. When charm breaks, if the firs thing you do is charm the next mob and send it back on your old pet, they should take aggro immediately, unless of course your super close or something. Charm is a mem blur
AHH...what if i put some dots on the merbs. should i not dot then?

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Closed Thread