Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Remove Manastones From Drop Tables?
Yes, remove manastones immediately. 11 16.42%
Yes, remove manastones and make them NO DROP 18 26.87%
I have mixed feelings about this 3 4.48%
I do not agree 35 52.24%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 03:06 PM
Banned

Default Too many manastones

With the failed teal server and a double manastone camp there will be too many manastones on green and eventually blue.

This is extremely not classic and will impact the game.

I propose manastones stop dropping ASAP and current ones in game be made NO DROP Due to server impact.
Old 02-04-2020, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

I'm of the opinion, based on my reading, that the classic drop rate was more like 1 in 8 instead of 1 in 20.

So I don't think the current drop rate is a problem for Green.

Maybe for blue, but who cares about blue.

Manastones should be common enough that it'd be reasonable to expect most raid tier clerics to own one (or be able to buy one) by October 1999 era, when they were first nerfed, because people were turning clerics down for planes raids unless they had one (which is why they were nerfed).
Last edited by Dolalin; 02-04-2020 at 03:19 PM..
Old 02-04-2020, 03:59 PM
Fire Giant

can't tell if this is srs post or not.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 02-04-2020, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Never owned a manastone... but for any item that is overpowered remove from the game entirely. If it's not, let it continue to drop forever. Even though I will most likely never camp for a manastone, I like knowing I could get one. But whatever... it will never effect my gameplay anyhow.
Old 02-04-2020, 04:27 PM
Sarnak

Impact the game? They can only be used in classic zones (so obviously not Kunark or Velious), and can’t be used in the planes. Have you been turned away from groups for not having one? I would guess likely not.

If people want to spend 100+ hours /listing for one, be my guest. Only very limited viability and not game breaking in the slightest.
Old 02-04-2020, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Essential classic druid item

completely different class w one
Old 02-04-2020, 04:54 PM
Sarnak

They can’t even be used in the planes as soon as Sky is released, after that it’s literally the classic core era content only. Very effective for now, but before long they will just be a cool brag/legacy item to anyone besides druids or wizards.
Old 02-04-2020, 05:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanFish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They can’t even be used in the planes as soon as Sky is released, after that it’s literally the classic core era content only. Very effective for now, but before long they will just be a cool brag/legacy item to anyone besides druids or wizards.
I am curious how they are very effective right now? Nagafen and Vox raids have 80+ at each of them on a mob that takes 20 decent players to handle.

When the Planes release, you will have 300+ players fighting over 300 mobs. Is manastone really going to be "very effective"
Old 02-04-2020, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am curious how they are very effective right now? Nagafen and Vox raids have 80+ at each of them on a mob that takes 20 decent players to handle.

When the Planes release, you will have 300+ players fighting over 300 mobs. Is manastone really going to be "very effective"
My man asking the important questions

<The A-Team>
Old 02-04-2020, 06:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yea I assume they are borderline useless on raids, but I've been in some trio's that made excellent use of them.
Closed Thread