Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haha 10/10

and also accurate
Old 07-20-2020, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

The better question is will you enjoy playing a ranger? If you want to play a ranger and someone else just suggests to play a class you don't enjoy would you do that? Why play a game if you aren't having fun doing it?
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 07-20-2020, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

Ranger is very very fun, almost as fun as my war. can't wait to get to 60 so I can speed bump dragons /nod
Old 07-20-2020, 05:09 PM
Sarnak

I'm always surprised at people that underrate rangers. Harmony, Track, Trueshot, Weaponshield, CotP/SoN are all best in class abilities at their particular niche, and they come with acceptable standard melee DPS as a fallback contribution to pretty much every situation. You can do very silly things with a sufficient pile of rangers.

Also, I'll just leave this here:
https://wiki.project1999.com/File:Ranger_bazzt_zzzt.png
Old 07-20-2020, 06:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm always surprised at people that underrate rangers. Harmony, Track, Trueshot, Weaponshield, CotP/SoN are all best in class abilities at their particular niche, and they come with acceptable standard melee DPS as a fallback contribution to pretty much every situation. You can do very silly things with a sufficient pile of rangers.

Also, I'll just leave this here:
https://wiki.project1999.com/File:Ranger_bazzt_zzzt.png
LOL, good one
Old 07-20-2020, 07:53 PM
Sarnak

Rangers are useful. They cast COTP and SON, which is great, they can bind sight for FTEing, they can be used to engage mobs with DA and weaponshield or as speed bumps until the next tank takes agro and they can hold agro easily if they want o tank group content
Old 07-21-2020, 09:39 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Never played a Ranger, so I can't give you insight from that perspective. But, having been in a couple guilds doing higher-tier content, I can say that they have some niche uses which make them valuable. They are good at getting FTE, they are the typical tracking character (usually de-leveled and parked permanently at a location), at level 60 they are prized for giving groups Call of the Predator, and, as others have said, they make very good speed bumps because they usually generate lots of aggro and have weapon shield to hold a hard-hiting mob on them until C Heals are landing on the next tank in the lineup.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 07-21-2020, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Ranger is really fun even if you never plan to get near 60 or raid
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 07-23-2020, 09:32 AM
Sarnak

In the old EverQuest prima players guide there is a blurb about each class, granted the blurb is more lore than actual class mechanics - it describes the BARD as a jack of all trades master of none. I think that is false, that title should go to a ranger. They CAN (not necessarily well) tank, heal, dps, buff, CC, pull, among other things. There are a few things they do better than anyone else, like class specific buffs they have and track for example. At the end of the day Ranger is a very fun versatile class that can fill a hole in a small group or a PUG. I doub't ranger would be the first choice for any role, but I've been in groups where the ranger adapted as we gained and lost members of the group. The ranger was able to keep the group from falling apart as a spot healer, tank, and CC all at different times.

It has been said earlier, play what makes you happy and you have fun playing. For me and many others that is Ranger. "best class" isn't always "most fun class"
Old 07-23-2020, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

I’ve had more fun at 60 grinding and raiding than the path to 60. CotP and Weaponshield make it a different class. Aggro tanks are a huge deal on P99 and while a ranger is not ideal it’s certainly passable.

Hell, it didn’t turn around until 55 with chloro but even then finding groups was a chore. Why I soloed to 60.
Last edited by Snaggles; 07-23-2020 at 10:29 AM..
Closed Thread