Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 05:19 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Ogre warrior newbie with a weapon question.

Hello from the UK, I am new to the community and a recent returnee to EQ, I played EQ when it went live (on Dial-up initially) for several years and only recently learned about this server. I thought I would have a look for the sake of Nostalgia but then I saw the loading screen and heard the music and they brought a smile to my face and more than a few happy memories, so thank you... But anyway on the my question:

I decided to create an Ogre Warrior as a starting character (called Itytt), as I used to play one in live many years ago, and my question is which is the best zone/dungeon/quest for a low level Warrior (9th level and I mainly solo at the moment) to earn/loot a magic weapon of some kind.

Simply put I recently had a run-in with a ghoul and now in true Ogre fashion I want to go find him again (or someone who looks similar at least) and administer some payback.
Old 03-13-2021, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

You are gonna have a difficult time finding groups on blue for a long time, so smartly prioritize your item progression so you can solo most effectively which you are going to be doing a ton of.

1. you aren't goin g to go to any dungeons and get a good warrior item that is anything other than garbage
2. You want to farm something you can either quickly convert to plat like bronze weapons, light stones or sell to players like orc belts/bonechips. You could aslo try to perform a servie for a fee for players, like selling/banking for people farming halfling gurds -- you don't have to do it with your ogre, you can make a halfling and use that.
3. I'm not an expert on velious drops but I think on a budget you want to pick up these things:

1. a good one hander to tide you over until 20, like sword of skyfire, jarsath trident, cane of tranquil. You should be able to buy all of these for under 100 plat.
2. A suit of banded armor.
3.another weapon upgrade for when you hit 20, this one a two hander, like staff of battle. You are going to get way more bang for your buck of two handers for a long time.
4. now save for a haste item.
Old 03-13-2021, 05:54 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, like DMN said blue’s a little rough for starting, as what people you do meet near your level will be twinked out alts. Upside is that people are extremely nice and generous. Getting 100pp and asking in EC for a starter weapon and you’ll probably get something worth quite a bit more than you have.

To get a magic weapon yourself, I think you’re gonna have to leave Feerott. I’d suggest farming up some spiderling silks and bone chips to sell in EC as the fastest way. But for a more adventurous path, Field of Bone has (1) no mobs that need a magic weapon to hit, (2) a decent low level pop for quick groups, and (3) some random magic weapon drops (Burynaibane spider fang, dig master claws). Can get one of those + some levels and seek out revenge on that ghoul!

This guide (https://wiki.project1999.com/EchoLoc..._Warrior_Guide) was written by a dwarf warrior back in the combat bind wound days, but still has some helpful tips.

Edit: I’d add that, as a low level on Blue, you should reach out to others to make groups. Most folks your level are twinked out the ears so won’t be looking for groups, but most folks are happy to hunt with company if asked. So if you take iniative you’ll likely be well rewarded with company!
Last edited by jadier; 03-13-2021 at 05:58 PM..
Old 03-13-2021, 07:46 PM
Fire Giant

Put 12 hours into begging toons in EC, collect items, sell items, equip war, move on. (EC is the premier cash camp for anyone that doesn't want to spend 300 hours farming fucking bonechips)
Old 03-13-2021, 11:35 PM
Aviak

Get a bind in freeport and hunt in East commons i see people giving stuff away all the time
Old 03-13-2021, 11:59 PM
Sarnak

Blue is fine for starting out. Some of the common leveling zones are less populated but you can definitely find groups. As other have said your best bet is to get a bind in Freeport and kill orcs/animals.

I’d be happy to toss you a starting weapon to get you going. I’ll keep an eye out for you, or PM me and we can figure out a time to connect.
Old 03-14-2021, 02:14 AM
Sarnak

Morning, as a fellow UKer I feel duty bound to offer some support!

Keep an eye out for Cellar in game or ping me on here and I'll help out with some gear, plat and buffs
Old 03-14-2021, 10:44 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thank you all for the advice, I appreciate the pointers... I will probably attempt to get to EC WITHOUT running into the Ghoul this time and take it from there.
Old 03-14-2021, 11:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moretarn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you all for the advice, I appreciate the pointers... I will probably attempt to get to EC WITHOUT running into the Ghoul this time and take it from there.
Welcome to p99! Once you get to mid-teens you can hit up Oasis, which often has low level groups going, and Unrest in the 20s I think.

I've got a large set of banded (a little harder to come by than one would expect) I'm probably never going to use. If you don't have much luck in EC shoot me a PM and we can figure out when we can meet up to hand it off.
Old 03-14-2021, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

If you do /who all True Blues some time And see someone on.. msg them and ask if they have any starter war stuff. It will most likely be my bro Or myself and we should have some decent stuff for free.
Closed Thread