Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Fire Giant

Default Bards songs are unbalanced and fucked up. (FIX PLZ)

Okay so this happened to me twice today. Basically if a bard hits a Mez/Slow or whatever on you then they can keep singing the same song forever without it having any chance of it resisting. It doesn't matter if you have 30 MR, 250 MR or 10000 MR, if you get hit once you'll be stuck for forever.

There is no way in the universe this is balanced or good for the server. You could basically roam around with bards and if you find someone keep them mezzed. Call your guild to port in and a 100% kill. Or just grief someone for hours without them being able to do anything. You could mez someone and go take a 30 min lunch break and when yer back you'd still have the same person standing there mezzed.

First situation today. I was exping an alt in Misty and then suddenly a bard arrive with a charmed guard and tries to kill me. Obviously since I'm the best and totally pure awesomeness I destroy him instead. Then I continue to exp and let him get his corpse etc. Then he comes back again just to be gay and start to chain mez me for over 10 minutes just to be annoying.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Second situation today. I roam around trying to find people to kill. I find a Cleric and a Bard at Evil Eye in Lguk. I kill the Cleric and then suddenly I get mezzed and... situation 1 happens again. He keeps me mezzed for 5 min or something and then we start talking about how stupid and imbalanced it is.... He's agreeing with me and he's actually playing a bard.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyway it basically works like this. If you hit a spell once you can keep spamming the same one and it can never resist, we tried on several different spells and it always worked. If you try to swap songs etc then you get a normal resist check again like it should be...

Solution to this is pretty simple.. There should always always be a resist check on every single pulse even if you use the same song.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Sarnak

I noticed something similar with their dot lines. I resisted them outright then once It stuck I didn't see a resist message again. Needs more testing.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:08 PM
Banned

the fact that you petitioned the bard is hilariously carebear.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:08 PM
Banned

Does the AE portion of the bard function on this server?

the bard mez is supposed to function pretty much like that in classic.

The AE bard mez is the most OP thing about classic. ;p thats why I wonder if it will be in and working.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Aviak

dam this lovely guy is a real cry baby l0l
"now i will get you banned if you dont stop, grats" LOL
Old 11-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Naez 4.20 Send a message via AIM to Naez 4.20 Send a message via MSN to Naez 4.20 Send a message via Yahoo to Naez 4.20

QQ
Old 11-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Sarnak

now i will get you banned since you dont stop
grats
Old 11-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Fire Giant

LOL I even said I was a crybaby in the picture! I knew it would be the only thing people would comment on that's why I left it in the picture. Cause people are HURT HURT HURT and will be even more HURT on live.

I petitioned cause I had hopes there would be a GM online and I wouldn't wanna be stuck there for 2 hours or more.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Banned

Guy finds a legitimate game breaking bug, and you guys are butthurt he outed the pussies abusing it...

Confirmed terrible community.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Banned

doesn't make much sense to say folks are hurt and going to cry come launch when your screenshot shows you being hurt and crying before launch.

the whole stone throwing in glass houses thing.
Closed Thread