Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 10:51 AM
Fire Giant

The sleeper should remain gone but they should at least bring the warders back to open up a little more content for the server.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:16 AM
Sarnak

the main point of keeping the sleeper dead is to confront people with the fact that they won't always get what they want

dealwithit.jpg
Old 07-12-2019, 11:19 AM
Fire Giant

Woulda been cool to see, but I missed the boat when I didn't start playing p99 8 years ago, or whatever.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

rest sweet sleeper
Old 07-12-2019, 11:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Curious if the warders are classicly allowed to not be around, then why was the 25 mob AE limit unclassicly implemented?
asking the deep questions

we've got Luclin-era rooted dragons in NToV, unclassic mob spellbooks, unclassic lifetap resist code to prevent Ivandyr hoop spam, an unclassic 25 mob limit on AOEs

just add in a quest to re-awake the sleeper: turn in 100 (200? 300?) sleeper's keys, and the zone resets to pre-awakening. if 100+ people on the server want to give up their sleeper's key to reset the warders, let them do it. maybe have this only be possible once every 12 months to keep it in line with the classic timeline (Velious out for 1 year, most servers woke sleeper during that time or shortly after).
Old 07-12-2019, 12:17 PM
Sarnak

So if The Sleeper event is reset, and if the Sleeper is re-awakened by one of the raid guilds leading to multiple zone-wide player deaths - wouldn't they be responsible for rezzing those players who died?

Killing all players in a zone constitutes zone disruption (Rule 10) and the players getting killed wouldn't have anything to do with waking Kerafyrm, they would just be killed off by another guild's actions.

This argument of "It's for the epicness of it!" is also dubious at best. I've got plenty of reasons to believe that people denying other guilds the opportunity to get Warder loot again would be a much bigger motivation than "the epicness".
Old 07-12-2019, 12:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Curious if the warders are classicly allowed to not be around, then why was the 25 mob AE limit unclassicly implemented?
People grumbling on the forums vs. People screaming in game.

Sharing of knowledge, youtube, myself included in this and getting yelled at and threatened with GM action in NK & OT before the change. More people knowing what to do and how to do it means more of them doing it...

*raises hand* only reason I started a bard was I wanted to do the low health agro duo after seeing it on youtube. Was wild and never seen anything like that in classic. Didn't know that could be done. It was changed right when I started my bard, unsure if that was classic as well.

It probably would have never been changed if not for youtube. We wouldn't know but it would still be there for those who do.

Lose lips sink ships.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
asking the deep questions

we've got Luclin-era rooted dragons in NToV, unclassic mob spellbooks, unclassic lifetap resist code to prevent Ivandyr hoop spam, an unclassic 25 mob limit on AOEs
I think this was to preserve what could be for the server. There were no Ivandyr hoops spams, massive and numerous raid guilds with shared knowledge.. I can't speak as to why the spells act different but iirc that was to provide some challenge but I could be wrong.

basically you have a concentration of the players who knew all the secrets and could break the game. What use is there to play at that point. So they did unclassic things to hobble the game along. It's still running.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:41 PM
Banned

*triple post triggered*

but seriously though, you can emulate a game but not the time it came from. Once the cat is out of the bag..

Quote:
Pandora opened a jar releasing all the evils that visit humanity like pain and suffering, leaving only hope inside once it was closed again.
You can't take it back.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I think the 25 max limit was a mistake, but it comes from the right place. The 130+ mob trains that people were doing in Chardok were not close to possible due to pathing changes on Live vs EQEmu. Emulated servers have much better pathing than live server do.

A more realistic limitation should be in the 70-90 mob range. Around 50-60 mobs you begun to see a lot of rubber banding. Around 70+ you would lag zones out and mobs would fall off trains.

For Green I hope they up the PBAE target limit towards that higher range to emulate classic behavior a bit better.

Also they should just launch Luclin so that blue players have some good content finally. Velious Raids are all pretty awful and class balance is terrible pre-Luclin.
Closed Thread