Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

More people trying to bully #1 out of the list?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

I'm far too casual for this list nonsense or anything requiring more than 2-3 hours of effort, but as a hypothetical example:

#1 is a level 35 ranger, so meets the requirements for the list despite having the damage output of a level 14 druid and a level 21 rogue combined

#1 must participate in the kill

#1 is pissing fluorescent red into a nearby bucket from the amount of energy drinks he has consumed over the last 129 hours

#1 has a verbal agreement with everyone there that they will help now that it's his turn

#1 winds up and attacks the mob, everyone else (may or may not be his own guildmates) hangs around there FD or hidden, laughing.

#1 gets one-shot by the riposte from his first swing, ranger gates, and is out of range, losing his place on the list

#1 receives tell from Myuharin saying "HAHAHAHA THAT WAS HILARIOUS"

Would this scenario be petition-able as well by #1?

If not, this is wide open for griefing (it can and will happen, you know the sort of people that play here).

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 11-22-2019, 08:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidious77 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Simply asking someone for something does not make them entitled.
Agree. And saying no doesn't make me a jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidious77 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, have you never been educated in the act of giving? If something costs you maaaaybe 1 full minute of your time (to regain mana in this case), in exchange for bettering someones time/experience for 30x that duration its a no brainier - you should be happy to give them sow.
Because it is easy I am expected to do it? This is entitlement. No one gets to tell me how to feel but me.

Quote:
Not that I actually give a shit and I hate to be a broken record, but the root issue is not you being a jerk, or everyone else being entitled...
That's actually the core problem between the two camps of thought. One just want's everyone to get along and sing "kumbaya" and not worry about loot, just enjoy the experience. The other wants people to carry their own weight. Threads like this is what happens when these two people intersect.

Quote:
"Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others."
Sweet, I'll make sure to get a therapist and tell him internet-dude diagnosed me.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:38 PM
Fire Giant

please, tell us more about how your masturbatory Randian objectivist fantasies aren't being fulfilled by everquest
Old 11-22-2019, 11:40 PM
Sarnak

I'm too low still and haven't /listed yet, but maybe something like was done on live when Fabled drops were happening could work here.

Make the group that kills the camp be the listed players 1-6. Lists were manually kept during that time and players were cycled into the group as persons got the item and left. If it is done based on list position, everyone can see who should be in the group and it can be verified. A 6 man group of melee or caster or healer or whatever should be able to drop the PH and friends.

If someone violates the rules of 1-6 being in the group, GM removes them from the list or ports them out.

This bumps XP groupers from the camps, but it doesn't sound like anyone would go to XP there anyway knowing their drops will go to /listers.

There are details to this that would have to be discussed and I'm sure some loophole might be found, but it worked back then with Fabled items, it could make sense here too.

Nishoba / Coldstep - Blue
Phaded / Glorified - Green
Old 11-22-2019, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

lot of good input here

but the reality is the list system works fine if there isn't just 1 or 2 people at a camp that cant take down the mob. we're quickly moving into an era where ph's breathe for all but a few seconds before they're downed

still a jerk move to not help if you're on the list, but that's just my opinion i guess
Old 11-22-2019, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

what is this
Old 11-23-2019, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i cant tell whats a joke or sarcasm here anymore
Onward to the deepest levels of forumquest!
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm far too casual for this list nonsense or anything requiring more than 2-3 hours of effort, but as a hypothetical example:

#1 is a level 35 ranger, so meets the requirements for the list despite having the damage output of a level 14 druid and a level 21 rogue combined

#1 must participate in the kill

#1 is pissing fluorescent red into a nearby bucket from the amount of energy drinks he has consumed over the last 129 hours

#1 has a verbal agreement with everyone there that they will help now that it's his turn

#1 winds up and attacks the mob, everyone else (may or may not be his own guildmates) hangs around there FD or hidden, laughing.

#1 gets one-shot by the riposte from his first swing, ranger gates, and is out of range, losing his place on the list

#1 receives tell from Myuharin saying "HAHAHAHA THAT WAS HILARIOUS"

Would this scenario be petition-able as well by #1?

If not, this is wide open for griefing (it can and will happen, you know the sort of people that play here).
This is dumb
Old 11-23-2019, 12:47 AM
Kobold

Automatic account deletion after 48 hours on the list, for the player's own good.
Closed Thread