Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittens69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reds take forever to kill.
Yep takes 4.4 minutes to kill 4 reds currently but it’s about 1/3 a yellow per kite
Old 12-08-2019, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

1 hour per yellow is do-able with all classes. excluding hell levels.

edit: if you're new to p99 and or are starting with zero gear. You probably won't be hitting that mark. For myself and others. we have a ton of prior knowledge about mobs, spawns and p99 mechanics that enable us to gain exp at this rate.

editedit: classes that are less gear dependent can more easily achieve faster exp per hour.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 12-08-2019 at 01:04 PM..
Old 12-08-2019, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

These threads just turn into brag fests. Going by these posts you’d think everyone in the game was just breezing through all their levels on cruise control, but there are tons of people in game struggling far more to progress. The forums are a really bad indicator of the entire community a lot of the time.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:06 PM
Aviak

no hybrid is getting 1 orange an hour outside of HHK
Old 12-08-2019, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

I think it's good for people to know what's achieveable. Yeah it's easy to say how fast you can get exp but maybe someone else is getting way less. Information is power.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Adventure

That's a good point hybrid penalty is really rough, maybe I spoke too soon on their behalf.
Last edited by Baler; 12-08-2019 at 01:10 PM..
Old 12-08-2019, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no hybrid is getting 1 orange an hour outside of HHK
No hybrid outside a bard.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:36 PM
Orc

I’m not accounting for hybrid penalty.

1 hour / solo is for most classes that can solo very efficiently.

1 hour / group can be done too. Group doesn’t have to mean 6 people also. Like Baler said, having experience (pun intended) will help you. Duo-ing/Trio-ing certain camps can get you there. But just showing up to the zones that everyone else LFGs at and LFGing and expecting to get carried will not always guarantee this. And let’s face it, most people do this and do not take leadership in “earning” their exp.

In general as solo you’d want to lock down two 6:30 minute respawns and kill them fairly quickly. If you’re doing this then that’s roughly 16 kills in an hour. So in a zone with a ZEM of 100 (133%) math would play out like this:
Level 37 character requires ~4,800,000 exp
Soloing deep dark blues of level 34 = 86,700 *1.33 = ~115,300 * 16 = 1,844,976 exp per hour.

Without a zem this would be 1,387,200 or still quite faster than an orange a hour. This seems a little bit faster than what I actually got around these levels, so it might average out to fewer kills per hour (like 12-14). The bare minimum to get an orange a hour would be 4,800,000 / 5 / 86,700 = 11 kills per hour.

Moral of the story:
(1) Don’t be a hero and waste time soloing high cons.
(2) Try to always aim for 11+ kills per hour.
(3) Factor in your kill time as it’s very important. For example, a necro should decide whether to be more mana efficient and fear kite, nuke, or some combo to achieve a favorable combo of kill time : mana efficiency. Druids and bards will need to factor in how long it’s taking them to effectively kill their targets.
(4) Deaths, trains, drama ... — anything that STOPs your killing destroys your xp/hour efficiency. The tortoise vs hare story holds very true here.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Excellent Post Akagami,
Locking down those 2 spawns solo is pretty key. Not taking a bigger bite than you can chew. Someone may be able to kill a 3rd before the 1st repops but their mana or health may not be able to keep up with that. Generally waiting for the 1st repop after the 2nd allows for a smooth and steady stream of exp.

Knowing one's limits and capabilities is important.
Last edited by Baler; 12-08-2019 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: typos
Old 12-08-2019, 02:17 PM
Kobold

Over the past weekend I have bumped into 6 powerleveling duos claiming camps in popular leveling zones, displacing would be groups / adventurers. So far Teal has been pretty anti-social or cliqueish, but I did meet one really cool friendly mage that welcomed some company at bandit sisters.
Old 12-08-2019, 02:18 PM
Kobold

I feel like my buddy and I are getting more than the average one bubble an hour when we duo in in areas where he (a Mage) can chain pull without stopping and I (a Cleric) can Meditate fairly safely while he chain pulls. Unfortunately, most areas where this is possible are either camped 24/7 or popular enough that we have to invite other people into our group, which destroys our XP rate. The only way to avoid this is to go to zones like the Karanas, which have plentiful mob spawns, but they're all over the place so I go OOM due to not being able to sit on my ass in one spot and Meditate.
Closed Thread