Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 05:01 PM
Kobold

You can completely twink out a new character at level 1 if you want, that's the good/bad thing about Everquest in the first place depending on your opinion.

If someone wanted it "fair" then just make everything no drop *eyeroll*
Old 12-09-2019, 06:46 PM
Fire Giant

Not game breaking, file under resolved.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

You don’t even have to kite technically. I got it by hailing her for 6min straight after giving her the potion.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:13 PM
Fire Giant

I mean, it's an 18/40 knight weapon. My Dark Reaver is 20/42. Who cares, the paladins aren't going to ruin the balance of the server unless we give them epics, and even then... still paladins...

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 12-10-2019, 03:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumpoid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don’t even have to kite technically. I got it by hailing her for 6min straight after giving her the potion.
This is the method I use to farm them on my toon while hunting Gargs on the island. Might as well snag a free DW harpoon every trip, unload it in EC for a quick and easy 100pp.

As others have said already, Paladins really have it pretty rough at this, and honestly most, stages of the game. No invis, no SoW (excluding jboots), no real "oh shit" mechanics to get them out of trouble (root? Divine Aura eventually?), no gate. You're looking at the LEAST mobile class in the game with a huge exp penalty to boot. A "free" 18/40 2hs with stats is fair, IMO.

Honestly, it's SUPER easy to twink a paladin for free- Knight Card Quest, Deepwater Harpoon, Bull Smasher if you're a shawty...even with all these at my disposal, I'd still rather roll an SK. So let the pallies have their DW harpoons.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:42 AM
Planar Protector

You don't need a rogue to 'bug' the quest. A lvl 1 paladin could do it if he's careful. You just hail lock the lady on the island until she drops it. I did it at lvl 22 on my paladin but it was suggested to me by a paladin who completed it at lvl 1.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 12-10-2019, 04:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wiki shows it as minimum level 40. Should be 40 for turn-in; would solve the problem.
this isnt accurate as most quests you can be level 1 even in live eq still to this day just on certian items you cant equip certain items until the 40+ level

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 12-10-2019, 04:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaldar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn’t blue, guys. The whole point of green is a classic progression. If everyone can obtain items almost BiS before planes, it ruins the experience.

As a paladin, I don’t want to already have a weapon almost as good as mithril two hander when people are still using rusty and combine weapons. If you can’t see this is stupid then what is the point of a fresh green server.
Embrace the one time frame in which paladins have more than token value.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:34 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the method I use to farm them on my toon while hunting Gargs on the island. Might as well snag a free DW harpoon every trip, unload it in EC for a quick and easy 100pp.

As others have said already, Paladins really have it pretty rough at this, and honestly most, stages of the game. No invis, no SoW (excluding jboots), no real "oh shit" mechanics to get them out of trouble (root? Divine Aura eventually?), no gate. You're looking at the LEAST mobile class in the game with a huge exp penalty to boot. A "free" 18/40 2hs with stats is fair, IMO.

Honestly, it's SUPER easy to twink a paladin for free- Knight Card Quest, Deepwater Harpoon, Bull Smasher if you're a shawty...even with all these at my disposal, I'd still rather roll an SK. So let the pallies have their DW harpoons.
You are commenting on a dead thread with a 50 days late reply. This is completely irrelevant when everything is already on farm status.

As far as getting out of trouble, have you ever heard of LoH? LoH also helps other classes, unlike SKs which do little to help others in a group. Also, paladins don’t need any extra help with free near-endgame weapons at level 1 on a fresh server while being the best group tank in game as it stands.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:54 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to vanix Send a message via AIM to vanix Send a message via Yahoo to vanix

doing the quest at lvl 1 would require extremely high skills in everquesting.. or help from some high lvl friend.. either way i think its pretty fair to say the reward is worth the effort required... since paladins suck such balls they clearly get amazing gear in hate and such to make up for their pathetic lack of useful slot that could be a monk and isnt in a group.. they are superior DT takers also if u box one (yes even rangers are better left alive at some points)
Closed Thread