Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 05:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was there just before Intesifier and had to go as well after some interactions with the person #1 on the list. The reason he (and I) didn't group with this person is because the person stated he thought it was risky to clear with so few people so he wasn't going to put himself at risk by helping. Clearly a party foul here. Both of us left because this person wasn't willing to help clear the camp he was #1 on the list for.
gasp, someone in #1 position not able to clear the camp. expecting other people to do it for him? well i never.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:08 PM
Sarnak

This is what's wrong with p99 [today].

Camp entitlements and party politics getting in the way of good old fashion gaming.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 12-10-2019, 06:21 PM
Fire Giant

So nubs want a manastone to make it easier for them to get thru the game while still being a nub and not learning how to play?

<The A-Team>
Old 12-10-2019, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not spite, why are you listing at a camp you can't kill. why are you expecting people to kill it for you, why can't you level up like i did to solo it if you cant bring friends? Why all the expectation on other people? Sorry but im not your friend, pal. Bring your friends.
I hope you feel the same way at a legacy item camp with 3 days left until the nerf, you're #2 on the list, #1 can't clear the camp/ph solo, time's running out, and the only thing standing between you and your last shot at getting a legacy item is your own pride and indignation at having to help someone else to help yourself.

Sounds very low INT and unenlightened to me.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 12-10-2019, 06:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
However, the issue that arises is that in the old days you needed to be able to kill the mob because that's how you got the loot rights. They weren't awarded by computer code to the next person on the list. As such, in the classic days you wouldn't even bother going to the camp to join any list unless you could kill the mob yourself.
This is what I have been saying almost since the very first thread that someone created to rant about the manastone camp.

Just like OP suggests, they need to change it so that if the PH/named has not been killed for X amount of time then the person first on the list should be moved to the bottom of the list.

When this was first suggested, the majority of people pushed back and claimed it to be a greedy and selfish idea, etc.

It looks like now that people have had time to experience the scenario in OP's post first-hand they are now coming to their senses. Please fix this devs! No more list camp leechers!!!
Old 12-10-2019, 06:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polixa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You want a mechanic that will screw me over because I cant entice someone to trek all the way down to LGuk to sit with me for god knows how long until I get my stone?
I would really like to be able to get a CoF off of Nagafen but I can't solo him unfortunately. Are you seriously telling me that I need to join a guild or make friends or convince people to trek all the way down to his lair and poopsock him for god knows how long until I get my CoF?

See, the problem is that you are saying "my stone" even in this imaginary scenario. That shows the level of entitlement right there that a lot of players have. It's a super rare, coveted item. It's not supposed to be EASY to get. It's not supposed to be like the latest iPhone where everyone runs out to all get it.

#STOPLISTLEECHING
Old 12-10-2019, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope you feel the same way at a legacy item camp with 3 days left until the nerf, you're #2 on the list, #1 can't clear the camp/ph solo, time's running out, and the only thing standing between you and your last shot at getting a legacy item is your own pride and indignation at having to help someone else to help yourself.

Sounds very low INT and unenlightened to me.
you enjoy your eq, ill enjoy mine. I personally do not help people i do not know at 70+ hour legacy item camps not knowing them. lol. I respect you for helping out people who didn't work for their items though, thats on you. I'm just tired of sled dogging after years of it on this project. I won't do it for just any guild and i certainly won't do it for just some random person on the list.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
exactly, they made the rule so you could grp it. If im not in your grp, lol. and im down there listing. u have made a very very bad error of judgement that im here to help you.
You sound very cool and normal, totally socially adjusted human being
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
you enjoy your eq, ill enjoy mine. I personally do not help people i do not know at 70+ hour legacy item camps not knowing them. lol. I respect you for helping out people who didn't work for their items though, thats on you. I'm just tired of sled dogging after years of it on this project. I won't do it for just any guild and i certainly won't do it for just some random person on the list.
Then you shouldn't be roleplaying a high INT enlightened Erudite. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 12-10-2019, 08:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sound very cool and normal, totally socially adjusted human being
hah, i have never made that claim ! infact if you know me, you know i am completely not!
Closed Thread