Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 03:24 AM
Sarnak

Default Necro's and Shamans wont get charm as per Rogean.

He replied to my bug thread.

I am disappointed that they're cherrypicking classic things.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...20#post2983120
Old 10-13-2019, 03:44 AM
Planar Protector

To be fair to them it is a thorny change with some unanswered mechanics questions of how the resistance/charisma checks would work, and it was very clearly unbalanced at the time.
Old 10-13-2019, 03:46 AM
Project Manager

Due to the finite time between the initial bug report about this issue and the release date of the Green server, I do not feel it is appropriate to allow charm for classes without fully reviewing the potential repercussions.

This may or may not change in the future.
Old 10-13-2019, 03:46 AM
Sarnak

EDIT:Removed because I was heated.

I will say that balance doesn't and shouldnt' come into it, considering all the other changes that have been made and Balance has never been a consideration from all appearances. It was in, and should be put in. We have stupid things like 4 mob limit just because it existed.

I hope that this decision is reverted, in time for necro's to use it before the patch that it gets removed comes around.
Last edited by Sillyturtle; 10-13-2019 at 03:55 AM..
Old 10-13-2019, 04:37 AM
Planar Protector

Staff are more likely to add things that hinder players and less likely to add things that benefit players.

This isn't a disrespectful statement but it is the truth.

I've had conversations with people on this subject. When you give people an inch they'll take a mile so it's easy to see how players may try to take advantage of a bug report to make the game easier. There is however a blatant pattern in the bug report sections of threads where things that hinder players get reviewed/pushed through more quickly.

And yes I understand the staff are very busy with green I'm in no way trying to undermine their efforts. Nothing but Pras for the p99 staff coming from this poster.

---
Also Green (2019) will still have bugs and some non-classic things. Future Green servers will be much more complete in their classic mechanics, gameplay etc. This is a great thing for P99 and P99's future. We are lucky to be getting it.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 10-13-2019 at 04:42 AM..
Old 10-13-2019, 04:55 AM
Planar Protector

HAHA in not thinking adding charm to necro's will make the game harder. Every necro NPC 24 or over will double if not triple in difficulty.

As far as players I really don't see the issue. Bards have mana free charm and mez and magic resist lowering spells and I don't even need to mention enchanters. Charming gives up the reliable DPS of the pet. when the top necro pets were hitting in the low 70s + haste they were at least as good as unhasted charmed without any risk of breaks and constant life/mana drain.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:34 AM
Planar Protector

Charm used to be a non-concern back then because barely anyone bothered (people were scared of pet being "pissed at them" and that their pet might "kill" them.).

Charm is a big deal on P99 because people have 20 years of EQ experience and learned to leverage it to a great extent and great gains.

You can't just add charm to necros and shamans on P99 on a whim as it may completely change / break the whatever imperfect class balance we've had since P99 exists and compromise the launch of Green.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:48 AM
Kobold

#nochanges can stay in classic World of warcraft, im all for a more balanced eq1, you could always stay on blue for the OP classes
Old 10-13-2019, 05:56 AM
Planar Protector

I think the charm spell should still be added to NPCs if not players. This was part of the classic difficulty of necro NPCs like Meldrath, Nixx Nenix, Mistmoore etc.
Last edited by Dolalin; 10-13-2019 at 06:00 AM..
Old 10-13-2019, 06:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charm used to be a non-concern back then because barely anyone bothered (people were scared of pet being "pissed at them" and that their pet might "kill" them.).

Charm is a big deal on P99 because people have 20 years of EQ experience and learned to leverage it to a great extent and great gains.

You can't just add charm to necros and shamans on P99 on a whim as it may completely change / break the whatever imperfect class balance we've had since P99 exists and compromise the launch of Green.
I always find this logic incredibly annoying.

I wouldn't flatter yourself with "20 years experience".

charm is powerful on blue only because of the mob scaling in kunark and velious relative to pets, and the enchanter then adds a flat multiplier in haste, and a cleric can add a flat multiplier of efficiency with complete heal on top of that. they exaggerate the scaling differential. And we can throw I the easy mode pet window, the easy mode hot keys/bar.
Closed Thread