Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 02:15 PM
Kobold

Default Aggro range change/issue on Green?

I was working on the RED V quest in Ak-Anon and I was on my Dwarf Cleric, but every time I opened the door to the mines and hugged the right wall, the two Guildmasters (Eonis and Evah) in the room to the left down the hall would instantly aggro (they are far enough against the back wall of that room to not see me). I clearly remember being able to hug the right wall and take a specific path through the halls to avoid the other necro NPCs to get to the room where I could farm the Obsolete Models for the parts needed for that quest.

On the opposite side, I have had some mobs that should have aggroed me (mummies) that just stroll on by when I was clearly within a decent range.

Did something change on Green? Is it like this on Teal? I was dumb enough to try it a second time on my Cleric after making the CR from Gfay before I logged out and made a throw-away Gnome to walk those halls without the faction issue. Looking at the NPC resting spots, they really should not aggro from that far away if you enter the mines and stick against the right wall.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:26 PM
Kobold

Has anyone completed this quest lately for a chance at the Bull Smasher? If so, how many times did you have to farm up the mats for the combine/turn-in? I am curious how many potential deaths are worth the exp loss if I want to get this done with my Cleric.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:32 PM
Kobold

was wondering about aggro too. Had a deep red Griffon fly right past me today - like 2 ft away. i started running but then turned around and was like errr?. definitely not classic.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:15 AM
Sarnak

A guy camping a mob halfway across dungeon watched his named fall through the world and then me say in OOC wtf.. how did someone train *named mob all the way here? Nah my agro presence was just soo good that the named just had to find me and only me.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A guy camping a mob halfway across dungeon watched his named fall through the world and then me say in OOC wtf.. how did someone train *named mob all the way here? Nah my agro presence was just soo good that the named just had to find me and only me.
The Z-axis has been a problem, and this is likely related to that and not aggro per se.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
was wondering about aggro too. Had a deep red Griffon fly right past me today - like 2 ft away. i started running but then turned around and was like errr?. definitely not classic.
Threateningly faction was a little inconsistent, IIRC.

On green it seems only aggros sitting players.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Z-axis has been a problem, and this is likely related to that and not aggro per se.
Lies. It had a chance to agro 2 dozen people between me and it. But I was just too sexy.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:37 PM
Aviak

I noticed in WC the two druids at the ring there would agro me when trying to sell to the merchant there. Usually as an evil race if you stay in the opposite corner you'd be fine to sell, but apparently that is no longer the case. Seems like the radius has increased ever so slightly.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:41 PM
Aviak

The big thing I noticed is it takes longer MOBs to aggro you if you're within range. I can run by HGs and Griffons sometimes without getting aggro.. it's odd
Old 12-11-2019, 02:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithjinternet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The big thing I noticed is it takes longer MOBs to aggro you if you're within range. I can run by HGs and Griffons sometimes without getting aggro.. it's odd
I've read that aggro happens "on the tick" so you can get by between them. I don't remember this from Classic, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen there I didn't notice.
Last edited by Frug; 12-11-2019 at 02:28 PM..
Closed Thread