Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 03:25 PM
Banned

now: box hero
then: player killer
Old 05-02-2017, 03:31 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best in Slot.

Prefers to the best item for a specific gear slot, it also typically lists certain times of the game, like

BiS Pre-Planer
BiS Post Raiding

Etc.
I see, thanks!
Old 05-02-2017, 03:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember watching woot be created and spread.. not that I was there for its first usage, but i was definitely there for its first 5% of its usage at least.

converstaions like this all over norrath:

glagwok shouts: WOOT
mordick shouts: what is woot?
palvlork shouts: Woot is WOOT
Woot is a great one, but WOOT is still just WOOT, it survived EQ and moved to WoW (along with most of the player base), WoW spread it even further and its now just an old gaming expressions that a HUGE % of people have heard at least once.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Then: Hawt Cyber
Now: No females on P99

Then: OS (for Old Sebilis... on Torv server everyone called it that, no one on P99 understands it seems)
Now: Seb

Then: WTS Wavecrasher - 130k, best agro weapon!
Now: WTS Midnight Mallet - 700p
Old 05-02-2017, 04:16 PM
Kobold

Then: MC
Now: mana?/mana check

Then: Hey want to go kill that dragon that's been up 2 days?
Now: CONCPDE!
Old 05-02-2017, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
now: box hero
then: player killer
Yeah but we never said, "Hey Jebekn is a player killer!" We would say, "Hey, Jebekn is a PK!"

Which then reminds me when RZ became populated by the pussyfooted "Anti-PKs," or as they were simply known as, "Antis."

SMH.

Which then begs the question, how did a PVP server develop a political atmosphere that made PVP wrong? rofl. Ahh, Rallos Zek. What happened to you?
Old 05-02-2017, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which then begs the question, how did a PVP server develop a political atmosphere that made PVP wrong? rofl. Ahh, Rallos Zek. What happened to you?
I'd never heard of the "antis", but when a PvP server develops a vocal anti-PvP constituency I'm pretty sure it means that PvP in that game really, really sucks.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd never heard of the "antis", but when a PvP server develops a vocal anti-PvP constituency I'm pretty sure it means that PvP in that game really, really sucks.
What happened was, the majority felt like victims so they began creating guilds that supported the idea that PVP should only be between feuding guilds, not random killings on unsuspecting players, or ganking.

The major guilds that were raiding at the top of the server supported this ideology and so basically PVP became outlawed.

In the end, only one major guild continued PVPing at cap level and that was <Curse>. They basically were a small guild of hardcore PVPers who were blackballed on the server, forever.

Long story made longer, I had a necro in Curse, and after the guild basically broke apart and died, I wanted to start raiding.

At that time, <Destiny of Zek> was a fairly superior guild on the server, and I contacted them to try to join them, and was told by Sadko, their GL that I had to pay them 500kpp to get off their KOS list.

Obviously I said no thanks, and so remained guildless till I quit that game/server and went to EQ2.

No other guilds would invite you if you were on DOZ KOS list, too btw.

That's how retarded players were there, and how butthurt they got over being killed in PVP.

I still had fun randomly killing all the chickenshit antis though, and many of them even became good pals of mine after we'd fight.

They would often say they wished they could PVP more, but they'd not be able to raid if they did, so they were forced to join anti guilds.

In a way it's kind of neat that the server developed it's own political landscape and stuff, but it sucked that PVP literally was outlawed by the political system there.

The only PVP allowed was guild versus guilds during guild wars that were over raiding disputes.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure it means that PvP in that game really, really sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*Long story about PvP sucking in EQ*
Seriously though, your story is an example of exactly what I'm talking about. In every MMOG with PvP that came after the first two Zeks the PvP aspect was always team-based. DaoC, SW:G, WoW ... heck even Sullon Zek. Or if it wasn't team-based it heavily encouraged the players to organize themselves in to teams and put heavy restrictions on who can PvP who and where (eg. EVE). A free for all "let everyone kill everyone" server just isn't fun for anyone except those at the top, which completely explains where the "antis" came from.

I saw this great article (here's wikipedia's summary of it) where some guy broke down MMOGs in to four groups of players, one of which was griefers (I think he called them "killers"). His point was that when you design your game you have to accept that you will have griefers, but you have to design things so they can have their fun without ruining the fun of everyone else. Red-style servers only give those folks the "at the expense of everyone else" ways of having fun (vs. team-oriented servers that let griefers and non-griefers have fun together), so naturally they have their fun and drive everyone else away.

Honestly given the failure of everything that came before it I'm surprised Red lasted as long as it did.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-02-2017 at 06:39 PM..
Old 05-02-2017, 06:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
thats what rallos zek was though. Murder does really suck and rallos zek was everquest, that was what it was supposed to be more like real life. Even watching your casual friend be felled and lose his precious bracer felt like watching someone die IRL
Closed Thread