Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

I have no problem playing my warrior , you just learn to control the fights, it’s not your job to blow up the mobs but to keep the xp flowing

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 03-30-2021, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A melee is a pet that you can control directly.

Best group is 5 mages and 1 enchanter.

But who cares.
If in dungeon and viable charms are around, it's 5 enc, 1 necro.
If no viable charms, 1 nec, 1 enc, 4 mage.
If outdoors 1 bard 4 wizards. 1 enc

As far as this thread /shrug. Classic is classic.
Old 03-30-2021, 03:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate to say that I think wow fixed melee by taking disciplines and expanding them to basically be "melee spell lines" and using stamina instead of mana to cast them.
Don't get me wrong I think a Wow like game could be fun sometimes. Where lets say all melee start with bronze and some decent weapon like dragoon dirk.

I hope Pantheon is a good cross between a Wow-like and EQ like game. There might even be a game out there already like that but I haven't found it yet.

But also 80 percent of the time I'd rather play classic EQ or a classic EQ like game.
Old 03-30-2021, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Around Dragons of Norrath expansion, there was a Dev post that revealed Bash/slam had been broken since implementation - it was meant to have generated aggro similar to spell stun, but it was bugged since inception.

Bash was meant to be the mechanic for tanks to build aggro (hence why plate fighters had it).

All that time the had Devs thought the players were just a bunch of idiot munchkins using duel wield / 2 handers just to be awesome, and the players hadn't realised the super aggro of bash! Of course, by the time this bug was discovered and DoN was out, the player meta of the game had adapted to offset this (warriors using off hand proc weapons and low delay primary to build max aggro).

Rather than fix the bug, the Devs just started adding far more 'Furious Bash' shields and some shield related aa.

Similarly, taunt had been broken to never work on anything yellow or red for years too.

So yeah, while pets being OP was a big part of things (and this is despite pets being repeatedly nerfed), another problem was tanks (especially warriors) had their two main tools of acquiring / consolidating aggro in a bugged state since day 0.

Classic.
Old 03-30-2021, 04:28 PM
Fire Giant

One think I like about Wow is they use shields more.

But also I don't mind warriors duel wielding either.

Gives the same feel of not being able to be any race/class combo you want. There is a set way and you have to work around it.
Old 03-30-2021, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Another element of warrior aggro is, everyone else has to learn to NOT take aggro. This often means straight-up not attacking for many seconds so the warrior has time to build up aggro via swings and procs.

Everyone else attacking too soon doesn't mean warriors are bad.
Old 03-30-2021, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another element of warrior aggro is, everyone else has to learn to NOT take aggro. This often means straight-up not attacking for many seconds so the warrior has time to build up aggro via swings and procs.

Everyone else attacking too soon doesn't mean warriors are bad.
This so much
Old 03-30-2021, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

I aint reading OP, but the problem with green is too many hybrids.

Hybrids don't come into their own until the very last few patches of velious. In reality luclin/PoP or OOW,.. Classic hybrids suck unless they're twinked with all their velious spells and raid gear.

---
Warrior is fine, they have the skills to pay the bills and do acceptable dps when they're not tanking.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-30-2021, 04:54 PM
Fire Giant

Lots of hot takes in this thread.

Yes pet classes and charming can trivialize a lot of content, but there's also a ton of content where melees vastly simplify things.

Example: can you duo King on a Chanter/Cleric, probably, but it'll be spicy—add a Monk and you're gonna have a much better time.
Old 03-30-2021, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
add a Monk and you're gonna have a much better time.
Iksar Monks on p99 are OP, They get nerfed in luclin. Velious is the ultimate cut off for monk op-ness.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread