Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 02-07-2022, 12:30 AM
Kobold

Yes, an item dropped on the ground is considered abandoned and fair game.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 02-07-2022, 04:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not stealing - dropping something on the ground is considered throwing it away in the game.

When you drop an item on the floor or sell it to a vendor it doesn't belong to your character anymore.

I been stung by this myself.
I mean thats rules lawyer semantic stuff (even if the gms back it up) The guy obviously wasn’t discarding his item(s).
Old 02-07-2022, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

if it drops and rotts you can get it back. if its drops and someone picks it up. you're screwed. You need to find out who it is and hopefully shame him till you get it back. if its only 1.5k worth of goods.... dont sweat it
Old 02-07-2022, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloroform [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if it drops and rotts you can get it back. if its drops and someone picks it up. you're screwed. You need to find out who it is and hopefully shame him till you get it back. if its only 1.5k worth of goods.... dont sweat it
It’s nuts, ain’t it?

I guess the ruling somehow lowers CSR load. That seems to be a heavy weighting on many CSR policies and who can blame them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean thats rules lawyer semantic stuff (even if the gms back it up) The guy obviously wasn’t discarding his item(s).
100%!

Just explaining, not excusing, drop transfer ninjas. If you see someone drop something, give it back!!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Last edited by Jimjam; 02-07-2022 at 02:05 PM..
Old 02-07-2022, 03:29 PM
Aviak

Favorite "safe" drop transfer locations:

In West Freeport, in the corner by the woodelf vendor with the cart.

North Ro: Run out of tunnel, turn right, run up column next to entrance and drop bags up high.

EC tunnel: behind one of the carts in the room with Shady.

It's definitely scummy to /q out right after taking an obvious transfer. Sorry that it happened to you.
Last edited by GardylooGubbins; 02-07-2022 at 03:31 PM..
Old 02-07-2022, 03:41 PM
Banned

play stupid games
win stupid prizes
/thread
Old 02-07-2022, 07:22 PM
Sarnak

This is why I've always wished we had a shared bank slot, it may not be classic but plenty of other "fixes" on blue aren't either and this was just a major quality of life upgrade.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Might be poor form but it’s the rule and it’s the same ruling you would have had back in the day.

If you’re doing a drop transfer then do it in an area where no one is. If you’re too lazy to run your characters to said area (which is pretty lazy because there are a million of them within east walking distance of places like the FP bank and the EC tunnel) then it’s your fault if you lose your items by dropping them in an area with traffic.
Old 02-07-2022, 09:20 PM
Planar Protector

Just ask any 60 in Riot, Vaquish or Kittens.. or a DaP porter. I’ve passed items over 100k and never had a problem.
Last edited by ScottBerta; 02-07-2022 at 09:22 PM..
Old 02-07-2022, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just ask any 60 in Riot, Vaquish or Kittens.. or a DaP porter. I’ve passed items over 100k and never had a problem.
Or any player at all. If they agree to your transfer and steal the item they get banned and you get it back