Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 03:03 PM
Sarnak

Not sure what you red guys don't understand about... SOME PEOPLE JUST DO NOT LIKE PVP. PERIOD.

Has zero to fucking do with camps, lewtz, population, or experience gain.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure what you red guys don't understand about... SOME PEOPLE JUST DO NOT LIKE PVP. PERIOD.

Has zero to fucking do with camps, lewtz, population, or experience gain.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2014, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

that raidrotation bullshit was the best thing that could happen for red. many of our blue brethens already changed server to red, more to come!
Old 10-15-2014, 03:38 PM
Banned

used to be a blue server player on live, but once i played on a red server i can't go back to blue servers; shit's too boring
Old 10-15-2014, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ pvp sucks. Thats why.
Has never played red.

You are aware a server that isn't over populated exists with the EXACT SAME content you are getting out of bed at 4am to javelin then duelist backstab down?

Yes, the exact same Phara Dar on blue spawns on red and drops the same items. Hard to imagine, I know.

Blues who have come over to red who have msged me are also SHOCKED to see epic NPCs alive and not being farmed on spawn for MQ.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Kobold

IMO PvP ruins a game like this. If I want PvP I'll play Planetside2 or World of Tanks. I sincerely don't get the appeal of the Red server at all. No thanks.

This is a co-operative PvE game to me.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

The prospect of playing on a server that considers 100 people a healthy population is so incredibly depressing. Blue is not overpopulated. There are always camps open, even during peak hours - even when there are 1,200 people playing. There are always things to do, and there is an actual real economy with lots of people buying and selling in EC at all hours.

So not only do you get a real MMO experience on blue, you also don't have to put up with a shitty imbalanced PvP system for a game that wasn't designed for mandatory PvP. I enjoy PvP, I play plenty of PvP games that actually operate on a system that rewards skill and strategy. EQ PvP is an absolute joke - if you like it, that's fine, but don't tell me I'm wrong for not liking it as well.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:39 PM
Banned

EQ PvP is stupidly unforgiving and unbalanced; think you're safe chasing down that druid? Naw you're ass is about to zone into a 6v1 with OOR healers you can't do anything about, you're going to get coined and your going to spend 45 minutes trying to get your leather rags back before it happens again.

Other MMO's that have PvP are tailored to that, if you die in WoW PvP just stand at the spirit healer for 10 seconds and you're back in the game to wreck faces again, they have gear and abilities tailored to that, and arena systems tailor to that.

EQ has none of the aforementioned you'll just spend your days with /anon on trying to avoid running into a zerg and losing.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:33 PM
Banned

People don't want to play red99 cause on blue they can hoard a million plat and cash out dat sweet RMT
Old 10-15-2014, 09:54 PM
Sarnak

if i wanted to to pvp i'd just play a game designed for pvp such as dota2 where i can stomp cunts and go 35 - 0 and then gloat for 45 mins at how bad they are.

eq is like duplo level of pvp.
Closed Thread