Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 07-25-2020, 11:03 PM
Drakborn Drakborn is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 179
Default

You forgot one... Dain! He used to be a race which gave people ~20 seconds to turn in. Now he is coth with gives people 10 seconds. You can thank AM rev5 for that one.
  #102  
Old 07-25-2020, 11:14 PM
zszudy zszudy is offline
Orc


Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not healthy at all. Riot ended this agreement because Freedom wasnít contesting prog, but was contesting tfa. Why should riot be the only guild that has to fight for their ST golems?

(because Riot is the one against rotations/agreements, We know Freedom can kill the golems, and win the golems)

Not killing Tunare quickly is one thing... intentionally waiting to clear so that next PoG window interferes with 5/7 day windows is completely different. AG was playing dirty here...

(AG while somewhat hardcore, there are cutoffs on contesting, tunare takes planning, not something AG cause do spur of the moment, you can eat whatever your leadership feeds you regarding dirty play)

Want to guess why itís a clickfest again? Give you a hint, starts with AM rev1 (from that summit) and ends with AM rev7 (from that summit)...
(Ghost/Freedom failed their three in a row and haven't really contested since. But if you truly think that's the reason Riot bowed out, then that's on you.)
  #103  
Old 07-25-2020, 11:18 PM
zszudy zszudy is offline
Orc


Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You forgot one... Dain! He used to be a race which gave people ~20 seconds to turn in. Now he is coth with gives people 10 seconds. You can thank AM rev5 for that one.
And yes I did forget about Dain, but that's because AG really hasn't been contesting that Sockfest, the sock is not necessarily worth the rewards. While the head is nice, the other loot could be straight shit.
  #104  
Old 07-25-2020, 11:29 PM
stephenc44 stephenc44 is offline
Scrawny Gnoll


Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not healthy at all. Riot ended this agreement because Freedom wasnít contesting prog, but was contesting tfa. Why should riot be the only guild that has to fight for their ST golems?



Not killing Tunare quickly is one thing... intentionally waiting to clear so that next PoG window interferes with 5/7 day windows is completely different. AG was playing dirty here...
The only reason Freedom contested Riot was because Riot was the only guild not willing to agree to the rotation.

Also, its funny you would say that about AG when Riot leadership would literally try to swap AG Tunare weeks to get favorable windows for them. And Riot would consistently pressure AG to clear even though they know AG can't clear at all hours like Riot can.
  #105  
Old 07-25-2020, 11:50 PM
Fammaden Fammaden is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,180
Default

God forbid we move to a three way ST rotation, those mobs drop amazing loot like .5% of the time. Socking 24 hour overlapping windows every three days is the only sane move here.
  #106  
Old 07-25-2020, 11:51 PM
stephenc44 stephenc44 is offline
Scrawny Gnoll


Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
God forbid we move to a three way ST rotation, those mobs drop amazing loot like .5% of the time. Socking 24 hour overlapping windows every three days is the only sane move here.
Get that common sense nonsense out of RNF!!
  #107  
Old 07-26-2020, 12:04 AM
zszudy zszudy is offline
Orc


Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
God forbid we move to a three way ST rotation, those mobs drop amazing loot like .5% of the time. Socking 24 hour overlapping windows every three days is the only sane move here.
You shut your god damn mouth!
  #108  
Old 07-26-2020, 01:22 AM
Hideousclaw Hideousclaw is offline
Sarnak

Hideousclaw's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: I am here
Posts: 325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not healthy at all. Riot ended this agreement because Freedom wasnít contesting prog, but was contesting tfa. Why should riot be the only guild that has to fight for their ST golems?
I mean, AG knows Freedom is capable of killing golems with reletive speed so we were ok with them slotting into a rotation. Even kittens if they were good to go with the force to do it. Riot seems to, still, be harboring AM hatred that blocks them from doing anything that throws a bone that way when Detoxx is involved. I mean, shit, Detoxx and Co merged with AG, kept AM's guild bank seperate (kinda showing they weren't gonna stick out the merger) and took it with them to Ghxst and, likely Freedom, and here we are willing to work with them. Could do healthier things fopr server than make 3+ guilds sock 24hr windows. Ball is in Riots court, they chose to take the ball and go home.

Also, from my understanding, Freedom was told by us that were game to have them in ST and so they didnt compete vs. AG because they did not need to convince us to let them in.

I even talked with Ziing expressing willingness to change CotH meta in Kael to Footraces every once in a while, to help satiate peoples desire for those races elsewhere other than a zone with 24hr windows and little payoff. We suggest foot races for lockout in ToV too as well a while ago. Suggestions that both allow guilds who cant expeditiously clear in ToV, nor want to participate in the leapfrogging meta that is what it is now, to have a chance to FTE and clear at a reduced pace. Riot was unwilling unless we change Kael and Dain to basically what ToV is, fight mobs on their spawn and leapfrog. Basically most suggestions for change to more level the barrier of entry in some zones were met with the reverse meta in zones that are already on the lower-end of barrier of entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not killing Tunare quickly is one thing... intentionally waiting to clear so that next PoG window interferes with 5/7 day windows is completely different. AG was playing dirty here...
Yikes, those wiley AG and their crazy plans to really screw over Riot. I remember these discussions SOOOO well! (Spoiler: not the case, nice spin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Want to guess why itís a clickfest again? Give you a hint, starts with AM rev1 (from that summit) and ends with AM rev7 (from that summit)...
Ghxst stopped competing due to basically being on a razor-thin margin for burning 3 wars. The previous rotation was open for people to slot in (permanent or one off) and unfortunately due to scheduling it didn't work out. The previous agreement had little issues, could easily accommodate others inclusion, and was malleable if need be to include other stipulations. It was shitcanned, again, by Riot because AG is the bad guy and we don't just bow to whatever they ask of us.

Ex: We were part of a 3 guild group that killed Vulak after 4 hours of everyone training the shit outta each other. When we were asked to concede we were shown 2 videos that were questionable and left a lot to be answered. Riot threatened to petition us because we were not bending to their demands and when Riot FINALLY provided us with the other evidence we kept asking for and not getting we promptly conceded it and made it right. But were bad guys for not immediately conceding (when we didn't have, what we felt, proper evidence justifying a concession).



tl;dr = Riot is the best ever, they beat AM. They win P99 and are super cool and kind while doing it
__________________
Daewen (Grandmaster) / Broo Scaredyou (Necromancer) / Faedrith (Wizard) / Gute Nacht (Bard)

<Vanquish>
  #109  
Old 07-26-2020, 01:47 AM
Pretzelle Pretzelle is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideousclaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, AG knows Freedom is capable of killing golems with reletive speed so we were ok with them slotting into a rotation. Even kittens if they were good to go with the force to do it. Riot seems to, still, be harboring AM hatred that blocks them from doing anything that throws a bone that way when Detoxx is involved. I mean, shit, Detoxx and Co merged with AG, kept AM's guild bank seperate (kinda showing they weren't gonna stick out the merger) and took it with them to Ghxst and, likely Freedom, and here we are willing to work with them. Could do healthier things fopr server than make 3+ guilds sock 24hr windows. Ball is in Riots court, they chose to take the ball and go home.

Also, from my understanding, Freedom was told by us that were game to have them in ST and so they didnt compete vs. AG because they did not need to convince us to let them in.

I even talked with Ziing expressing willingness to change CotH meta in Kael to Footraces every once in a while, to help satiate peoples desire for those races elsewhere other than a zone with 24hr windows and little payoff. We suggest foot races for lockout in ToV too as well a while ago. Suggestions that both allow guilds who cant expeditiously clear in ToV, nor want to participate in the leapfrogging meta that is what it is now, to have a chance to FTE and clear at a reduced pace. Riot was unwilling unless we change Kael and Dain to basically what ToV is, fight mobs on their spawn and leapfrog. Basically most suggestions for change to more level the barrier of entry in some zones were met with the reverse meta in zones that are already on the lower-end of barrier of entry.



Yikes, those wiley AG and their crazy plans to really screw over Riot. I remember these discussions SOOOO well! (Spoiler: not the case, nice spin)



Ghxst stopped competing due to basically being on a razor-thin margin for burning 3 wars. The previous rotation was open for people to slot in (permanent or one off) and unfortunately due to scheduling it didn't work out. The previous agreement had little issues, could easily accommodate others inclusion, and was malleable if need be to include other stipulations. It was shitcanned, again, by Riot because AG is the bad guy and we don't just bow to whatever they ask of us.

Ex: We were part of a 3 guild group that killed Vulak after 4 hours of everyone training the shit outta each other. When we were asked to concede we were shown 2 videos that were questionable and left a lot to be answered. Riot threatened to petition us because we were not bending to their demands and when Riot FINALLY provided us with the other evidence we kept asking for and not getting we promptly conceded it and made it right. But were bad guys for not immediately conceding (when we didn't have, what we felt, proper evidence justifying a concession).



tl;dr = Riot is the best ever, they beat AM. They win P99 and are super cool and kind while doing it
You sound upset.
  #110  
Old 07-26-2020, 01:51 AM
Hideousclaw Hideousclaw is offline
Sarnak

Hideousclaw's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: I am here
Posts: 325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sound upset.
Absolutely livid, ruined my week. I wont recover. Pray for me
__________________
Daewen (Grandmaster) / Broo Scaredyou (Necromancer) / Faedrith (Wizard) / Gute Nacht (Bard)

<Vanquish>
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:48 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.