Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 11:33 PM
Large Rat

Smile Yabbay, 5 Gnome Necromancer, Blue

Just started playing Everquest! I messed around on the F2P live servers hosted by Daybreak. I didn't want to pay a monthly for such an old game I knew nothing about and I felt like I wasn't getting the full experience, so naturally I headed straight for the 1999 edition [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It's a bit of a grind and it's absolutely ruthless (placing mobs that insta-kill me right next to the mobs I want to farm) but I love it so far. I did create two necromancers prior to this one but I didn't know "corpse-dragging" my body out of a camp was a thing, so I thought all was lost and had to start again. I went from being named Yabbak -> Kabbay -> Yabbay RIP

I will continue playing in the Steamfont Mountains until at least level 8 then I'll see what else the world has to offer me. I have 4+ stacks of bone chips and I'd love to trade with someone! I am just vendoring everything else and hoping for the best. See you around!

I'm a big fan of games with ultimate grinds like Wurm Online, World of Warcraft Classic/BC, OSRS Runescape Ironman, and tons of old-style MUD's from way back when. There are a lot of similarities I'm finding between Everquest and old-style MUD's like the way you practice skills, meditation, buffs and actual blindness (which SHOULD be in modern MMO's purely for immersion!!!). Classes have unique abilities that most others lack. Players are forced to group or interact. I love it all.
Old 04-25-2021, 12:10 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome to Project 1999!
You'll find that P99 is a bit different than Live servers, Far more classic for starters. During classic eras things are rather difficult. So never be afraid to ask for help or seek out information. The best advise I can give you is to never give up and learn from every mistake.

The further you get on p99 the more rewarding it is. The first few levels will be the hardest but once you get going the world is your oyster. East Commonlands is the main trade hub, you can buy/sell there using /auction text and you may even be able to /ooc for buffs.

Be sure to check out the wiki https://wiki.project1999.com
Best of luck on your journey and welcome to project 1999! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-28-2021, 08:18 PM
Aviak

Get a tailoring kit and combine your silks, they’re worth more then bone chips.
Old 04-28-2021, 09:49 PM
Fire Giant

Welcome. The immersion is important. Its hard to get to places.

Like in Halas, I like to grab a warm blanket and know I am actually in a place.

Norrath, Your in our world now. (Aww he said the name of the title of the movie.) + 5 Haiku points. Oh yea I have to say it last.

Norrath... Your in our world now.
Old 04-28-2021, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome dude. Be sure to enjoy the sweet MIDI tunes of classic Everquest while you’re here.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Closed Thread