Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-14-2022, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You still haven't addressed the obvious point that keeping the Sleeper sleeping is also denying people access to pixels. Essence Lens is better than Warder loot for multiple classes. There's no way you can argue "loot denying".
Are you seriously suggesting the people on servers who didn't kill the sleeper until well after the loot there was irrelevant were actually doing so to intentionally deny people essence lens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as I am aware Sleeper was awoken roughly in Era on the majority of servers, and he was awoken on progression servers like Aradune. People like waking the Sleeper, and it is the more common course of action.
There were many servers that did not wake the sleeper early on, most of which did so in the hopes of being the server who would be the first to kill him. Like who gives a shit about being the tenth server to wake the sleeper versus the first server to kill him?
Old 04-14-2022, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you seriously suggesting the people on servers who didn't kill the sleeper until well after the loot there was irrelevant were actually doing so to intentionally deny people essence lens?
No, I am not suggesting that at all. The point is on P99 people know exactly what's going to happen in the timeline. It isn't a mystery. No matter your choice, whether you awake Sleeper or not, you are actively denying pixels. So that argument is silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There were many servers that did not wake the sleeper early on, most of which did so in the hopes of being on the server who would first is able to kill him. Who gives a shit bout being the tenth server to wake the sleeper versus the first server to kill him?
I mean, who gives a shit about Warder loot? You can ask a similar question, and it is equally irrelevant.
Old 04-14-2022, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No, that isn't what I said. Both Manastone and Sleeper are time limited content..
I think the point is the Sleeper doesn't have to be limited-time content if everyone plays together and no one takes the ball home
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-14-2022, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the point is the Sleeper doesn't have to be limited-time content if everyone plays together and no one takes the ball home
I understand what people are trying to argue. You have summed up their argument correctly.

The problem is that logic is flawed, because the intent of Sleeper is to be awoken. There is a reason Sleeper works differently than all other mobs in the game who are not limited time. If Sleeper was not meant to be awoken, or to despawn Warders, then that wouldn't happen.

The P99 developers put the Sleeper in because they knew the players would probably awaken him. Is it a guarantee? No, but statistically speaking it is the more common course of action, and I do not assume the developers are so stupid that they put it in betting players wouldn't wake the Sleeper. They have been proven correct on both servers so far that players would awaken the Sleeper.

That is why Sleeper is no different from Manastone. It is a safe bet players will pull the switch at some point, and basically no different from implementing a forced timer, other than it's variability. Again, just because something COULD happen, doesn't mean there is a good chance it will happen. Psychology and statistics are not separated from video game design, they are a part of it.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Again, if you assume it is spite then you are also saying getting a raid mob first is spite. There is no second place in Everquest. Either you get the mob or you don't. Sleeper isn't any different.

And again, people who want to keep the Sleeper sleeping are denying players Essence Lens, so you're denying content either way.
I'm not assuming anything that's the point. People in ST have literally said "we did this to spite them" and you're sitting here going "ST didn't do it to spite them!1!1!1!" lmao
Old 04-14-2022, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No, I am not suggesting that at all. The point is on P99 people know exactly what's going to happen in the timeline. It isn't a mystery. No matter your choice, whether you awake Sleeper or not, you are actively denying pixels. So that argument is silly.
This knowledge is actually just greater indictment of the action, not at all exculpatory. Back in the day people knew in a couple months all the sleepers tomb loot would be rendered obselete -- everyone on p99 knows the opposite

Quote:
I mean, who gives a shit about Warder loot? You can ask a similar question, and it is equally irrelevant.

apparently a lot of people on p99. I'm not one of them, but im also no ones fool.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This knowledge is actually just greater indictment of the action, not at all exculpatory. Back in the day people knew in a couple months all the sleepers tomb loot would be rendered obselete -- everyone on p99 knows the opposite
Not really. Nobody wins with the Sleeper. Either he stays Sleeping and Monks/Warriors are happy with Warder Loot, or he's awakened and other classes like Shamans/Druids/Clerics are happy with Essence Lens. Somebodies getting denied their preferred loot no matter what.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 04-14-2022 at 02:23 PM..
Old 04-14-2022, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not assuming anything that's the point. People in ST have literally said "we did this to spite them" and you're sitting here going "ST didn't do it to spite them!1!1!1!" lmao
When do guilds not talk shit? That is what they do on a weekly basis lol. They are almost certainly trolling people. I guess if you want to say all internet trolling is spiteful, you can. But I think that is an exaggeration.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The unfortunate hundred (more?) or so people that went super hard on green and didn't get their warder loot.

Sorry they don't got. Hope that helped.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
When do guilds not talk shit? That is what they do on a weekly basis lol. They are almost certainly trolling people. I guess if you want to say all internet trolling is spiteful, you can. But I think that is an exaggeration.
So….essence lens isn’t even in the game yet. You’re just totally full of shit. But I guess we’re all just sheep to ninja-loot from anyway.

But yeah, no spite at all. Sure.