Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-14-2022, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So….essence lens isn’t even in the game yet. You’re just totally full of shit. But I guess we’re all just sheep to ninja-loot from anyway.

But yeah, no spite at all. Sure.
That is irrelevant. We all know Essence Lens is coming. Once two guilds get enough keys to kill Sleeper you can never trust the other guild not to wake the Sleeper and break an agreement. The problem only gets worse as more guilds get keyed up. This is the proper strategy for the Sleeper, that we have all known for many years, just like the strategies for other raid mobs we have been killing for many years.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:52 PM
Large Rat

I may be new here, but I'm not a newbie. Played on Vazaelle for a little over two years, so right around SoV launch until just after LoY. Took me about two years of fairly regular playing to get to see ST, which was only thanks to the revamp that brought back primals.

IIRC, the Sleeper event was bugged on our server. 4th warder dropped, but Kerafyrm didn't embark on his multi zone rampage. Pretty sure the GMs said "Tough shit, we can't reset it." (Can't, or won't? Whatever, pick one.) If I'm not mistaken, Quarken was there, so he'd be able to verify/fill in the details. It would be cool to witness it in all it's glorious carnage. I didn't get to see it back in the day, which I was gonna say was the only world changing event that occured in my time, but I remember that I was there when the Frogloks took over Grubb. Not nearly as epic.

At least there's a stream of this. Thanks for that.

As far as the loot, I figure whatever group of people wants to poopsock their way through the content to be able to trigger that event, they earned it. I sincerely hope it brings them joy and satisfaction to accomplish that. And after all, people do far worse things IRL to stay at the top of the heap.
Old 04-14-2022, 03:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really. Nobody wins with the Sleeper. Either he stays Sleeping and Monks/Warriors are happy with Warder Loot, or he's awakened and other classes like Shamans/Druids/Clerics are happy with Essence Lens. Somebodies getting denied their preferred loot no matter what.
I get that the villains need to tell themselves something in order to justify their actions, but this is absurd.

The gap between a SoD or Shroud and the next best thing is huge. Mask of tinkering is fun. But a few extra resists on ring or ear or range slot for a few classes is your rationale?

The sheep ain’t buying it. Frustrating Anarke or Shinko’s not surprising, but when you’ve lost folks like Potatus and Yendor….does it not occur to you that maybe you’re in the wrong?
Old 04-14-2022, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This knowledge is actually just greater indictment of the action, not at all exculpatory. Back in the day people knew in a couple months all the sleepers tomb loot would be rendered obselete -- everyone on p99 knows the opposite
That's actually a really good and missed point here, for those that care about this Sleeper drama and the loss of Warder loot. It will never be rendered obsolete here.
Old 04-14-2022, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get that the villains need to tell themselves something in order to justify their actions, but this is absurd.

The gap between a SoD or Shroud and the next best thing is huge. Mask of tinkering is fun. But a few extra resists on ring or ear or range slot for a few classes is your rationale?

The sheep ain’t buying it. Frustrating Anarke or Shinko’s not surprising, but when you’ve lost folks like Potatus and Yendor….does it not occur to you that maybe you’re in the wrong?
The problem here is you assume anyone who disagrees with you is evil, a "villan". So of course you will be unable to see reason and logic, you are blinded by your hate for other players. That doesn't make you correct though[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Who are you to decide what items players want? Essence Lens is BiS for many classes besides Vulak or AoW loot, and realistically speaking 99% of players will never get Vulak Earring/Ring or Aow Ring. SoD, Fungi Robe, and Essence Lens/Earring/Ring are all amazing items, and you can't get all of them at the same time. Someone loses out no matter what.
Old 04-14-2022, 03:27 PM
Aviak

well what happened? did they kill the sleeper and of yes how?
Old 04-14-2022, 03:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Old 04-14-2022, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's actually a really good and missed point here, for those that care about this Sleeper drama and the loss of Warder loot. It will never be rendered obsolete here.
The point is irrelevant because Essence lens will never be rendered obsolete either. Again, someone is losing out on valuable loot no matter which way you slice it.
Old 04-14-2022, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem here is you assume anyone who disagrees with you is evil, a "villan". So of course you will be unable to see reason and logic, you are blinded by your hate for other players. That doesn't make you correct though[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Naw bro, don’t think folks who disagree with me are villains. But ninja looters who remove raid mobs from a time-locked game out of spite?

Yeah, those folks, your folks, are villains.
Old 04-14-2022, 04:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Essence Lens is BiS for many classes besides Vulak or AoW loot.
So not BiS. And 100% of future monks and warriors will not get actual bis gear because of your choices. And more importantly, the number of dragons to kill in this dragon killing game is now permanently reduced.

You’ve shrunk the game’s world, made it smaller, made it less.

Because why? Some non-BiS rings? Bullshit.
Last edited by jadier; 04-14-2022 at 04:24 PM..