Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 05-23-2022, 08:57 PM
Ooloo Ooloo is offline
Planar Protector

Ooloo's Avatar

Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 2,392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The core problem with rotations (besides a lack of competition) is you incentivize people to make a bunch of splinter guilds who meet the minimum requirement for rotation entry.
Yeah this is the logic of scout roll rules, specifically not allowing your buddies to artificially weigh the roll in your favor. And it's a good rule.

TLDR p99 is seriously fine, in that I can't think of a single way it might be improved that doesn't also trespass against another playstyle or preference.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 05-23-2022, 09:36 PM
Reiwa Reiwa is offline
Planar Protector

Reiwa's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 3,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We tried that I believe with Vindi, since he is one of the only fast respawning raid mobs. Unfortunately the vast majority of raid mobs cannot be gate keeper mobs, due to their slow respawn rate. We would need some kind of custom content that allowed you to take your "rotation trial" whenever you wanted to. For example, spawning raid mobs in the Arena zone and letting the new guild fight them.
No we wouldn't. Just make it Sontalak and everyone compete for it every respawn.

Win the dragon? Grats you're on the rotation for a month or whatever starting next week on the day you killed. No more raid petitions about anything but Sontalak.

Qualification decay at X months? So everyone needs to continue competing to remain.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik View Post
Thanks Otrompa
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 05-23-2022, 09:42 PM
Mblake1981 Mblake1981 is offline
Planar Protector

Mblake1981's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,074
Default

Jump through hoops for the greater good.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 05-23-2022, 09:46 PM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No we wouldn't. Just make it Sontalak and everyone compete for it every respawn.

Win the dragon? Grats you're on the rotation for a month or whatever starting next week on the day you killed. No more raid petitions about anything but Sontalak.

Qualification decay at X months? So everyone needs to continue competing to remain.
The problem with using a 7 day spawn mob is you are basically permanently locking the mob out from the guilds who can kill Sontalak. There could be a new guild tryout every week if it's one guild per week.

Or you would have to ask a GM to sit there for literally hours watching multiple guilds try to kill Sontalak over and over on a specified time. Good luck getting people to agree to either of those situations.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 05-23-2022, 09:58 PM
Reiwa Reiwa is offline
Planar Protector

Reiwa's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 3,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with using a 7 day spawn mob is you are basically permanently locking the mob out from the guilds who can kill Sontalak. There could be a new guild tryout every week if it's one guild per week.

Or you would have to ask a GM to sit there for literally hours watching multiple guilds try to kill Sontalak over and over on a specified time. Good luck getting people to agree to either of those situations.
I wouldn't ask for them to agree. Defend(by killing!) the rotation gatekeeper from interlopers or lose your other mobs to the rotation starting next week.

There will be no unearned attempts or kills.

And no petitions for the other mobs.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik View Post
Thanks Otrompa
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 05-23-2022, 10:35 PM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't ask for them to agree. Defend(by killing!) the rotation gatekeeper from interlopers or lose your other mobs to the rotation starting next week.

There will be no unearned attempts or kills.

And no petitions for the other mobs.
Then why have this system at all? I guess I don't understand your point. If your idea is "the winner gets the mob", then that is just normal Everquest without rotations lol.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 05-23-2022, 10:48 PM
Reiwa Reiwa is offline
Planar Protector

Reiwa's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 3,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then why have this system at all? I guess I don't understand your point. If your idea is "the winner gets the mob", then that is just normal Everquest without rotations lol.
Because the topic of the thread is how to make rotations competitive. Not the specific details of the rotation itself.

Keep up, son. 😎🍦
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik View Post
Thanks Otrompa
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 05-23-2022, 10:49 PM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because the topic of the thread is how to make rotations competitive. Not the specific details of the rotation itself.

Keep up, son. ����
LOL true, if you just play Everquest without rotations, but say you are playing with rotations, then everybody is happy!
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 05-23-2022 at 10:52 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 05-23-2022, 10:55 PM
Reiwa Reiwa is offline
Planar Protector

Reiwa's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 3,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL true, if you just play Everquest without rotations, but say you are playing with rotations, then everybody is happy!
A qualified rotation is still a rotation.

Hammer out the rotation details on your own, I've answered the question.

It doesn't have to be Sontalak even, tier gatekeepers would fine if staff felt like doing 2 or 3 instead of 1.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik View Post
Thanks Otrompa
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 05-23-2022, 11:14 PM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A qualified rotation is still a rotation.

Hammer out the rotation details on your own, I've answered the question.

It doesn't have to be Sontalak even, tier gatekeepers would fine if staff felt like doing 2 or 3 instead of 1.
EDIT: If you are trying to say there is one single mob that is contested to give guilds the right to a rotation, that wouldn't work because it would just incentivize the biggest guild to get bigger and Zerg the target down every week. Then you would literally have just one big guild monopolizing the whole game because they are the only ones on the rotation. It wouldn't be the exact opposite of what is intended by suggesting rotations. That is why Vindi was used for a little bit as a "qualifier" mob, because it respawned every day at least. If the mob was on a weekly respawn, then the first guild to get on the "rotation" would spend all of it's energy keeping that specific target down, locking the rest of the server out of content. Vindi at least spawns every 8 hours, so it's harder to keep him down all the time. But Vindi isn't a super good indicator for how skilled a guild is, because he isn't super hard.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 05-23-2022 at 11:25 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:06 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.