Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 05-23-2022, 11:22 PM
Reiwa Reiwa is offline
Planar Protector

Reiwa's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 3,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, you were being serious? Your example is just "winner gets the mob". That is how it works without rotations. I am not sure why the "gatekeeper" mob is relevant, because whoever kills it gets "rotation rights". But if a different guild kills it every week, then you just keep switching "rotation rights", and there is no difference between not having rotations at all. What is the benefit of having "rotation rights" if you are still killing the mob every week?
Because you only have to kill the gatekeeper mob every X time to be on the rotation for other mobs for Y time.

I hope this helps with your pedantry. 👍
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik View Post
Thanks Otrompa
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 05-23-2022, 11:28 PM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because you only have to kill the gatekeeper mob every X time to be on the rotation for other mobs for Y time.

I hope this helps with your pedantry. ��
It's not pedantry, you are just not explaining your idea well[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] And it isn't a good idea, because what is to stop the top guild from locking the rest of the server out of the rotation? That would do exactly the opposite of what's intended by rotations. You are just incentivizing a single mega-guild who can kill Sont way faster than anyone else, and thus locking the other guilds out of the rotation. Then they get free reign on all the mobs in the game.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 05-23-2022, 11:30 PM
Reiwa Reiwa is offline
Planar Protector

Reiwa's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 3,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not pedantry, you are just not explaining your idea well[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] And it isn't a good idea, because what is to stop the top guild from locking the rest of the server out of the rotation? That would do exactly the opposite of what's intended by rotations.
You seem to understand it perfectly well but are still complaining. That's pedantry.

Compete for 1 mob, then leave the staff alone and rotate the others. It's not hard to understand.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik View Post
Thanks Otrompa
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 05-23-2022, 11:33 PM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem to understand it perfectly well but are still complaining. That's pedantry.

Compete for 1 mob, then leave the staff alone and rotate the others. It's not hard to understand.
It isn't pedantry when I am discussing the primary thrust of your argument. It isn't a minor detail to say your system literally allows a mega guild to control the entire game, which is the opposite goal of the proposition lol.

Why not just compete for all the mobs and leave the staff alone? No rotations. That would be easier, and at least smaller guilds would get a shot at content, instead of being perma-locked out of the rotation.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 05-23-2022 at 11:35 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 05-23-2022, 11:36 PM
Reiwa Reiwa is offline
Planar Protector

Reiwa's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 3,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not just compete for all the mobs and leave the staff alone? That would be easier, and at least smaller guilds would get a shot at content, instead of being perma-locked out of the rotation.
Because you can't spell competition without 'petition'.

1 mob is clearly less staff involvement than every mob.

You're bright as a well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik View Post
Thanks Otrompa
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 05-23-2022, 11:37 PM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because you can't spell competition without 'petition'.

1 mob is clearly less staff involvement than every mob.

You're bright as a well.
And no staff involvement on any mobs is even better for them[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Just ignore all petitions and let people play.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 05-23-2022, 11:37 PM
Reiwa Reiwa is offline
Planar Protector

Reiwa's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 3,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And no staff involvement on any mobs is even better for them[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Just ignore all petitions and let people play.
You digress.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik View Post
Thanks Otrompa
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 05-23-2022, 11:40 PM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You digress.
Lol you are the one digressing here by bringing up petitions in the first place. I am simply pointing out the major flaw in your argument that a "gatekeeper" mob would reduce petitions. It honestly wouldn't, because people would be pissed that they can't get into the rotation because the "gatekeeper" mob spawns once a week, it's FFA, and the biggest guild on the server is going to perma-lock it to keep people out of the rotation.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 05-23-2022, 11:42 PM
Reiwa Reiwa is offline
Planar Protector

Reiwa's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 3,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol you are the one digressing here by bringing up petitions in the first place. I am simply pointing out the major flaw in your argument that a "gatekeeper" mob would reduce petitions. It honestly wouldn't, because people would be pissed that they can't get into the rotation because the "gatekeeper" mob spawns once a week, is FFA, and the biggest guild on the server is going to perma-lock it to keep people out of the rotation.
My topic is rotations and competition.

Your topic is introducing irrelevant garbage because you think it makes you good at arguing.

We are not the same.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik View Post
Thanks Otrompa
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 05-23-2022, 11:44 PM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My topic is rotations and competition.

Your topic is introducing irrelevant garbage because you think it makes you good at arguing.

We are not the same.
So having one mega-guild monopolize the rotation is in keeping with the intent of rotations? Just admit your idea is flawed.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.