Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-24-2022, 12:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh you were referring to that. You're weeks/months timer is irrelevant because the top two guilds are going to be monopolizing Sontalak every week to stay in rotation. I am not sure why you think the top guild on the server is just going to take a month off trying to kill Sontalak lol. And if you think a bunch of small guilds are going to kill Sontalak 4 weeks in a row out from under the top guild, again you do not understand how P99 raiding works.
Not sure where you're getting this kill it every week to qualify nonsense. I'd say a Sontalak kill is worth 2 months in the loot monsoon, but that's just me others can disagree.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-24-2022, 12:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure where you're getting this kill it every week nonsense. I'd say a Sontalak kill is worth 2 months in the loot monsoon, but that's just me others can disagree. Top guilds would have to compete each respawn to prevent this.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't understand. It doesn't matter how long Sontalak puts you into the rotation, even if it is years. Unless the GM's prevent the top guild from killing Sontalak every week, they are GOING to kill him every week to keep the rotation as small as possible. Without custom content, Sontalak still only spawns once a week, and if there is no limit on who can kill him, the top guild will do it every week.

If you prevent the guilds who are already in rotation from killing Sontalak, then not only are you blocking Sontalak from multiple guilds who are in the rotation, but at that point you might as well just put guilds in a rotation without the extra paperwork of requiring the GM's to keep track of who is currently eligible for rotation.
Old 05-24-2022, 12:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't understand. It doesn't matter how long Sontalak puts you into the rotation, even if it is years. Unless the GM's prevent the top guild from killing Sontalak every week, they are GOING to kill him every week to keep the rotation as small as possible. Without custom content, Sontalak still only spawns once a week, and if there is no limit on who can kill him, the top guild will do it every week.
They will certainly try. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-24-2022, 12:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They will certainly try. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At this point I can only assume you haven't raided a lot on P99. The top guild is going to be considerably more equipped and well manned than the other guilds on P99. They wouldn't be the top guild otherwise lol. They WILL monopolize Sontalak and encourage their members to attend the Sontalak kill with DKP bonuses and whatnot. I am not sure how you think the other guilds will stand a chance against the top guild's resources, plus trying to kill Sontalak, who is very difficult and costs a good amount of money to kill.
Old 05-24-2022, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
At this point I can only assume you haven't raided a lot on P99. The top guild is going to be considerably more equipped and well manned than the other guilds on P99. They wouldn't be the top guild otherwise lol. They WILL monopolize Sontalak and encourage their members to attend the Sontalak kill with DKP bonuses and whatnot. I am not sure how you think the other guilds will stand a chance against the top guild's resources, plus trying to kill Sontalak, who is very difficult and costs a good amount of money to kill.
I'm well aware of all that. If you don't like Sontalak as gatekeeper, suggest something else. I'm all ears.
Old 05-24-2022, 12:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm well aware of all that. If you don't like Sontalak as gatekeeper, suggest something else. I'm all ears.
It honestly doesn't matter who the "gatekeeper" mob is, because the top guild WILL monopolize them every week. Even if you made it something easy like Nagafen, the top guild is going to have way more level 52 alts who are better equipped. That is the flaw with your idea. The real "gatekeeper" is the top guild, not the mob assigned to be the "gatekeeper".

Rotations are designed to prevent monopolization of content from one or two guilds, and your idea doesn't really do that.
Old 05-24-2022, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It honestly doesn't matter who the "gatekeeper" mob is, because the top guild WILL monopolize them every week. Even if you made it something easy like Nagafen, the top guild is going to have way more level 52 alts who are better equipped. That is the flaw with your idea. The real "gatekeeper" is the top guild, not the mob assigned to be the "gatekeeper".

Rotations are designed to prevent monopolization of content from one or two guilds, and your idea doesn't really do that.
You haven't named a mob that would be fair. I said Sontalak, what do you say?

Guilds aren't unbeatable no matter how much pomp they feel.
Old 05-24-2022, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You haven't named a mob that would be fair. I said Sontalak, what do you say?

Guilds aren't unbeatable no matter how much pomp they feel.
For most casual guilds the top guild is hard to beat. If the random spawn times stayed the same, that means casual guilds wouldn't be able to kill the "gatekeeper" mob the majority of the time, because it isn't even going to spawn at a time where they can get enough people to compete with the top guild. The top guild is going to have trackers 24/7 and the hardcore players are going to make the "gatekeeper" mob their top priority.

As I said before, the specific mob is irrelevant, because the top guild can clear all content faster and more consistently than everybody else, at any time of day.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 05-24-2022 at 01:01 AM..
Old 05-24-2022, 01:02 AM
Kobold

How to make rotations competitive?

Simple.

Rotate competitve metas.

Rooted. Unrooted.

Coth. Footrace. Dps race. Guild war.

Thats 8 options right there. More maybe possible.

Keep guilds and players on their toes. Shake things up.

Everyone has so much fun they stop complaining. And since meta constantly changes, loosing isnt so bitter bc you have to try something new next time anyway.
Old 05-24-2022, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
For most casual guilds the top guild is hard to beat. If the random spawn times stayed the same, that means casual guilds wouldn't be able to kill the "gatekeeper" mob the majority of the time, because it isn't even going to spawn at a time where they can get enough people to compete with the top guild. The top guild is going to have trackers 24/7 and the hardcore players are going to make the "gatekeeper" mob their top priority.

As I said before, the specific mob is irrelevant, because the top guild can clear all content faster and more consistently than everybody else, at any time of day.
Aren't you anti rotation in most of this thread?

Explain your opposition to me now. 😛