Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation Ogre shaman lightstone quest!

I did the entirety of level 14 in North Karana killing as many wisps as possible to collect lightstones for to earn plat for my poor af shaman who doesn't even have a banded tunic. It was either raining the entire time or there were red kos things making me nervous!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Got level 15 and managed to collect 5 greater lightstones and 10 lightstones. I gave one lightstone to Mryila in NK and she said NOTHING but ate my hard-earned lightstone!! So I thought maybe I wasn't close enough to her, inched closer and gave her another. Again she ate it! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So then I went to South Ro to try at the evil camp bc I'm evil and gave Smith Tv'ysa a lightstone. She at least responded to me, but said, "Oh thanks but idk what to do with this??" and just kept it.

WHY.

i'm down to 7 lightstones and 5 greater lightstones now and i am mad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

is lightstone quest broken on red server? superbitsandbob did it np on his ogre shaman in this video from blue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnhegmRdXl8&t=1196s
Old 10-04-2021, 10:58 PM
Banned

Surprised the gypsies at NK didn’t just kill you outright. They won’t deal with evil races I don’t think

One time I screwed up and ran up to them with troll illusion on (was using it for the +1 hp regen) to turn in a greater lightstone. Not only did she eat my lightstone but then her enchanter NPC friend next to her killed me right after. Oops
Old 10-04-2021, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Surprised the gypsies at NK didn’t just kill you outright. They won’t deal with evil races I don’t think

One time I screwed up and ran up to them with troll illusion on (was using it for the +1 hp regen) to turn in a greater lightstone. Not only did she eat my lightstone but then her enchanter NPC friend next to her killed me right after. Oops
yeah that enchanter is kos but the others were not.
Old 10-05-2021, 04:34 AM
Orc

https://wiki.project1999.com/Bottle_of_Red_Wine is what i did on various toons for faction / early level xp in Neriak. The vendors in South Ro are along the same factions, and thusly I was able on an Ogre SK and Troll Shaman turn in lightstones in SRO for xp later on when it was appropriate. Try that out.
Old 10-05-2021, 11:04 AM
Sarnak

They changed the faction on gypsies a few month back. Don’t know what evidence they leveraged for the change.
Old 10-05-2021, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

Some gypsies stole from you.
Old 10-05-2021, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuanahto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C88CA20B-F1D2-437F-ADA5-68B7C81C4380.jpg (21.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-05-2021, 01:37 PM
Kobold

No one wants your shiny rocks, get outta here.
Old 10-05-2021, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuanahto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they sure did!

i was gonna make some comment about how they should get real jobs and stop scamming good zek-loving ogres out of their hard-earned lightstones, but then i got to thinking... who are these gypsies? and what are they doing, exactly?

the gypsies in oasis sold me my see invis spell, as it was not available in oggok. and these lightstone quests are to help the int casters research spells that are not available from the libraries in their cities. the woman at the nk gypsy camp that was kos to me was an enchanter, as one could tell from the enchanted arms serving as her pet. they take our lightstones, and in return they give us literature that is legitimately helpful and expands our knowledge.

maybe more than being freeloading drug addicts serving as a burden to upstanding citizens like you and i, they are displaced academics on a quest for knowledge and sincere meaning. seekers of truth and enlightenment, looking beyond the borders of the institutions where they learned their various crafts.

the dark elf gypsies in sro have a smith, an artist of fine pottery, and a pottery merchant. artist passia is the artist, and doing a quick search of the wiki she appears to be the only named artist in the entirety of norrath. there is art everywhere in the world but a surprising lack of artists you can actually meet in the game. it makes sense that there would be artists living at the gypsie camps. inspiration for the truly avant-garde would be plentiful, living a simple life among the sand giants, undead, and literal insane druids.

i hate to imagine a world without artists.

we may scoff at their unconventional way of life, assured in our superiority as established members of basically functional societies. and it may wound us deeply when our trust is betrayed, as our lightstones are taken from us with no reward given in return. but maybe we should remember that it is not an easy life being a gyspy. in the karanas is rains almost constantly and there are dangerous creatures wandering about always. maybe they need the lightstones more than we need platinum.

what do you think they do with the lightstones, anyway? why do they need so many of them?
Old 10-05-2021, 03:26 PM
Banned

it’s all ogre now
Closed Thread