Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 05-24-2022, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

Don't listen to these salty dipshits OP, you got the good answers early in the thread. Every single raid guild on both servers have people with jobs (not WFH) and responsibilities who are just fine enjoying raiding on their own schedule.

The raid schedules here are unforgiving in a general sense, but the raid guilds are not exclusionary. There's always more people needed even if your playtimes are just four hours in primetime or whatever, you're still wanted.

As far as RA, in Velious getting something like 10% isn't as bad as it sounds since the sheer number of raids and targets mean you just show up for what you can and over the month you're fine. But generally on P99 its not that big of a factor for membership anyway.
Old 05-24-2022, 10:36 AM
Banned

Lots of copium in this thread. P99 endgame is not casual friendly. It never has been and likely never will be.
Old 05-24-2022, 11:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spoken like someone who isn't in one of those top guilds.

You can absolutely be in a top guild and still be "casual", at least in the "not answering every batphone" sense. Will you make it to every big boss raid? No, probably not.

But you can still make it to whatever raids happen when you are online, and over time you'll accrue DKP. Eventually, someday, you'll get lucky, and the guild will be doing the raid boss that drops the item you want ... while you're online to fight it. Then you'll get to spend those DKP and get the phat lewtz you desire.

The only issue is that some guilds might have a minimum participation requirement, either during the application process or permanently. But unless you are super casual it should still be possible to hit that requirement. I think in Kingdom (we're recruiting!) it's like 10%, but only if you want to be in the highest "class" of raiding (ie. be able to spend the max DKP for those big items); you can be in the guild without any raid participation, and just only be able to bid on 90% of the (not-biggest-ticket) items.
Loramin's got it on-point here. This is what I do. I went hard enough to hit the 10% requirement (in one month, by the way, not overall- that's easier to do than you think, especially with scheduled events like Sky). Now I can casually raid whenever it's convenient, which is a huge since I have sole care of my 5-year-old so I can't always go hard like that. Sure, I don't earn 1,000 DKP a week or anything, but that hasn't stopped me from going HoT/Vindi armor to NToV pieces.

I'd recommend Kingdom for sure, super helpful team that will teach you everything you need to know. Side note, I didn't know we were guildies, Loramin! PM me your toon name!
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 05-24-2022, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Server Merge - The staff has had considerable discussion internally regarding the merging of Green into Blue at the end of the timeline. We've heard your concerns. At this time, we haven't made a final decision, but we have also decided that we will leave the door open. A lot can change in 3 years, and we may chose to leave Green running independently as we open additional servers in the future." - Rogean
I am ... skeptical of the idea of Green 1.0 staying up, but that's just me personally. Regardless of whether Green 1.0 stays up or not though, Green 2.0 is coming.

Again, this is a certainty, because the entire point of this project is to let people experience classic EverQuest ... ie. a fresh Green server (not one that's unclassicaly run past it's expiration date, as Blue has).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-24-2022, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When the server is in just "classic" EQ it's probably the easiest time to be a casual and get raid gear as the only real content is Hate/Fear clears.
Original EQ is still the best and most cohesive EQ, it was a downhill slide with Kunark and the rest of the expansions.
Last edited by Mblake1981; 05-24-2022 at 12:44 PM..
Old 05-24-2022, 04:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Original EQ is still the best and most cohesive EQ, it was a downhill slide with Kunark and the rest of the expansions.
Also, can we talk about how nuts Hate and Fear were with a level cap of 50? Wiping was not uncommon even with good organization. At 60 you don't wipe nearly as much to ToV trash as you did at 50 to Hate trash. One spite golem gates and its "EVERYONE CAMP!"
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 05-24-2022, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2022, 12:28 PM
Aviak

Quakes are far more frequent nowadays so socking windows late at night for raid content is now the exception, not the norm. If you play weekends you'll have access to a wide variety of raids as a casual player in any of the guilds. If you only play on weekdays, the raid options will be more limited as quakes generally occur during the weekends.

The changes in quake frequency have changed the overall tone to be more casual overall, I think. Many folks are content to capture Quake targets and are less concerned with natural spawns. That said the traditional have-nots on Green still poopsock with a high degree of urgency.
Old 05-25-2022, 04:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of copium in this thread. P99 endgame is not casual friendly. It never has been and likely never will be.
This. Otherwise we wouldn't have guilds employing the shady tactics they do to get bosses, and we wouldn't have guilds be as elitist and exclusionary as they are. When you have a guild like Kingdom rejecting people thinking they're trying to "spy" on them, how can a person say that raiding on P99 is casual friendly?
Old 05-25-2022, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. Otherwise we wouldn't have guilds employing the shady tactics they do to get bosses, and we wouldn't have guilds be as elitist and exclusionary as they are. When you have a guild like Kingdom rejecting people thinking they're trying to "spy" on them, how can a person say that raiding on P99 is casual friendly?
Sounds like your encountered a misunderstanding during your application but never seriously followed up to correct anything which likely all that it was.

If your character had access shared w others (I am just speculating I have no knowledge of your application), this might have sparked initial concerns. I dont recall hearing about any application terminated bc of speculation that anyone is a spy, this seems a bit of a broad stroke.