Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-20-2020, 03:19 AM
Large Rat

problem solved u need to make sure your extracting into the everquestp1999 folder not into the main eq folder
Old 01-20-2020, 10:14 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvarous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is not working for me, can anyone help? I tried to save to file and copy over to eq files n it's still working [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still not working for me either. everything seems to extract and replace fine , but I still get the spells_us.txt problem at the char select screen. I have now tried everything and it just does not work.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:02 AM
Large Rat

Click home at the top left section of this page.

Should be a line with a couple of links last one reads. Get them here: Project 1999 Patch Files (V53).

Click it and unzip the file to your EQ directory and the problem should go away.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:16 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by casailor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where do i go to get todays patch files?

Got to Home on EQ Forums. At the very top is the Patch, #53.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:17 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arondos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Click home at the top left section of this page.

Should be a line with a couple of links last one reads. Get them here: Project 1999 Patch Files (V53).

Click it and unzip the file to your EQ directory and the problem should go away.

I did that a number of times, but still get the error message on the blue server on the players or toon list. Updated with replace. So I am stuck.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Has this worked for anyone? I am still getting the error after following all the recommendations I can find here on the forums. I was trying to read the txt file and cannot. Can anyone share the txt file they used that worked? When I open the V53 file im supposed to use to fix this it is unreadable. Its quite a lot of just symbols and what looks like just junk and no real txt.
Old 01-21-2020, 02:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip_tx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
problem solved u need to make sure your extracting into the everquestp1999 folder not into the main eq folder
Where is that folder? I looked in the EQ folder and did not see a folder that you talk about.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It worked. Here is what I did.

Got Patch 53 and did the patch and replace in the EQ Folder.

Then opened the Patch 53 folder and copy the Spells_us.txt file.

Then go to the EQ folder and open it. Go to Spells_us.txt file. Look at the date. If it is not today's date then copy the file you got from the Patch 53 file. When done, the date should have changed. Close everything and try loading EQ.

For what ever reason, the spells_us.txt was not uploading and updating. From what I can see.
Old 03-02-2021, 04:56 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Trying to come back after years away. Getting this error, no idea how to fix it. Tried everything listed here and more. Any ideas?
Old 03-02-2021, 06:40 AM
Planar Protector

Make sure you have applied the latest patch files found at the top of the Project 1999 site

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]