Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-28-2020, 05:08 PM
Orc

Post Disconnection problems

Hello,

My problem is really weird so let me explain it (i'm a newbie at server/connection problem).
My connexion is kinda unstable but allows me to play decently (i ran around 150 ping).
However i have the following recurrent problems :

- I'm getting some problems while zoning and need to reboot frequently, this is not crashing (i have solved this problem already by running EQ as a win 98 programm) but more disconnection.
At some hours, i can't connect myself although my internet is working well (i'm stuck at the login screen, and i got the message a connection could not be reached though at the same time i can run youtube and other stuff in my computer). I tried to change the eqhost file as stated in the forums but it did not work.

-I'm also getting the inverse situation, that is : my internet is almost not working : i can barely load pages on wiki for example but at the same time EQ is working perfectly.

Of course, sometimes, both eq and internet are working fine. Also, everytime i stay in a zone, i never get disconnected.

I'm playing from Europe (France to be precise), i think this might help and i hope some of you can provide me good advices and explain me the reasons of this.. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-28-2020, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

EQ takes up almost no bandwidth but it does care about the order the packets arrive in. If there's a routing issue between you and the P99 server, you're going to have a bad time.

Look into a VPN service that has nodes in the NorthEast US and your experience should improve. Or, try connecting from a friend's house or use a hotspot that uses a different ISP to rule out any issues on their end.

-Mcoy