Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 02:53 PM
Sarnak

Default Easiest and simplest class to play - follow up :)

When I discovered EQ99, I didn't know which class to start with, so i started this thread:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=355501

Most experienced players suggested Druid, Magician or Necro. Well, there were still three classes to choose from, I was still not sure what to do. Because of this I started playing all three. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Now, few months later, I'm still playing all three. All of them reached lvl 35. And boy, do I like, not needing to click on 'Meditate' button any more!

So, which one I like the best? LOL, I still can't decide. I guess I will just play them all. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm so glad I have a Druid. Haven't made any money with it yet, since I'm levelling with it, and a few players that I did transport, I did it for free. But this Druid is so valuable for all kind of supply/delivery to my other two toons. Need a spell, or food, drink, need to buy or trade some item... for all running around I'm using Druid. It makes my life so much easier to have this delivery boy!

Here at lvl 35 I think I will slow down with levelling a bit, and start doing some other things, maybe trying to get some nice drops such as Cloak from Quilmane etc...

Oh, I do have another toon, another Necro: Bone Knight, per this guide: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=368553

Very interesting build, you need few hundred platina investment into starting gear, but then you get tanky Necro. So far, it is super fun to play it.

Fun game, I love it!
Last edited by pivo; 10-11-2020 at 02:59 PM..
Old 10-11-2020, 03:41 PM
Aviak

Hah! I almost did the same thing based on your thread. Just now starting the necro though, I have the Mage + Druid but I'm a very casual player. Looking forward to trying out this Bone Knight as my new project. Still searching for weapons to make the beginning a little less painful, but after that I'm good to go!

Glad to see you still around having fun. Hard agree on the druid, I feel the same just from the logistical standpoint.. Cheers!
Old 10-11-2020, 07:11 PM
Banned

Druid : Good for powerleveling, nothing else
Necro: Great for soloing, no one will want you for a high end group
Magician: Great for most content but you will be 2400th in line for an earth staff and you arent getting one
Old 10-11-2020, 08:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druid : Good for powerleveling, nothing else
Necro: Great for soloing, no one will want you for a high end group
Magician: Great for most content but you will be 2400th in line for an earth staff and you arent getting one
It is good, you mention this, so someone will not choose one of these if player plan to do end game content, raiding... and be later disappointed.

In my case, that's perfect. I don't plan to do any raiding (too clumsy, bad player, plus not enough free time for this), I will just slowly solo or maybe sometimes duo.

Necro: great for racking some platina fast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-11-2020, 08:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddbaal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hah! I almost did the same thing based on your thread. Just now starting the necro though, I have the Mage + Druid but I'm a very casual player. Looking forward to trying out this Bone Knight as my new project. Still searching for weapons to make the beginning a little less painful, but after that I'm good to go!

Glad to see you still around having fun. Hard agree on the druid, I feel the same just from the logistical standpoint.. Cheers!
Hey, nice to hear from you, I'm very causal player also. Well I did play a little too much lately, but I will slow down now to 'casual' level [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I hope you soon get your weapon. I went to Lesser Faydark to loot Crookstinger myself, but couldn't find that waspe. So I just asked in /OOC and luckily someone had it. I paid 35 for it i think.

Today i was in the Tunnel (Commons) and I saw these two on sale for 40 plat I think:
fire crystal staff - https://wiki.project1999.com/Fire_Crystal_Staff
ice crystal staff - https://wiki.project1999.com/Ice_Crystal_Staff

They both proc, so they could probably be useful as first weapon? Anyone can confirm this?

I was trying to buy 3rd and/or 4th weapon, I will not need them for a while yet, but can't hurt some planning ahead. If I don't get them in the tunnel, I will just go into the zone where they drop and try to buy them there.
Last edited by pivo; 10-11-2020 at 08:36 PM..
Old 10-11-2020, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

If you want easy raid loot later(don't raid, it's cancerous on P99[in california]) play a ranger, paladin, or bard. You will hate your life for 60 levels on 2/3 of those classes except very rarely, but once you're 60 you will succeed on easy raid loot that rots.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 10-11-2020, 09:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want easy raid loot later(don't raid, it's cancerous on P99[in california]) play a ranger, paladin, or bard. You will hate your life for 60 levels on 2/3 of those classes except very rarely, but once you're 60 you will succeed on easy raid loot that rots.
Bard is out of question for me. My slow, old fingers can't do 'octopus' moves [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But Ranger sounds interesting. i see how players are running all over the SK, trying to locate Quillmane that they know it is up. Some toon with good tracking skill, may not be that bad idea after all. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] And if you invest some plat, twink him up a little bit, should help also and may not be that hard grind. I'm not in a rush, I can enjoy slower levelling too.

If I may ask you, can you explain more in detail, how would that 'easy raid loot that rots' work. Why these three classes? Do you need to be in the raid? If no, you are not Ninja looting?

When XP penalty stops, after Kunark or after Velious or sometime in between?
Between Ranger and Paladin, which one is better for solo?
Last edited by pivo; 10-11-2020 at 09:15 PM..
Old 10-11-2020, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

Ranger and paladin are the two least played classes. So their classes needs for raid loot is swiftly satisfied. Leaving further drops rotting. Bards are in a similar position, but only because they're such a pain-in-the-butt to play skillfully.

Rangers are pretty highly valued in Kunark/Velious for their tracking ability. Any ranger will be worth their weight in gold for months while people farm Seb keys(and the frontier mountain named cycle). And in Velious when folks need to farm stuff in those giant zones.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Last edited by Nuggie; 10-11-2020 at 09:58 PM..
Old 10-11-2020, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ranger and paladin are the two least played classes. So their classes needs for raid loot is swiftly satisfied. Leaving further drops rotting. Bards are in a similar position, but only because they're such a pain-in-the-butt to play skillfully.

Rangers are pretty highly valued in Kunark/Velious for their tracking ability. Any ranger will be worth their weight in gold for months while people farm Seb keys(and the frontier mountain named cycle). And in Velious when folks need to farm stuff in those giant zones.
Nuggie, do you have a class that can bind near a bank? I need a personal platinum caddy to accept payment on my behalf in TT for tracking/pulling forager/hunter. Then you can just gate to the bank to meet me there to transfer my 500K plat to me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 10-11-2020, 10:23 PM
Sarnak

Pet tracking should still be working (/pet attack <insertname / part of name here>) so knowing when you've spawned Quillmane on a pet class isn't that hard, but getting to it first when solo (without people sitting on the spawns) is the hard part. SK has people 24/7 outside paw so every QM you spawn is heading towards that sausage grinder if you don't luck out on which of the spawn paths you choose to investigate first.

As for leveling melees and hybrids I'd say wait until a few months into kunark and the weapon situation should be a lot more tolerable. Mith 2her falls off in the high 40s and beyond because you stop hitting as hard and fast as the mobs you're fighting, and rangers can't use it regardless.

Going into Kunark I'd recommend you stick with necro or druid over a melee though if you want easy leveling, mage definitely falls off quickly in the mid 50s compared to other classes and even necro/shaman/druid take a hit in the mid 50s for dot rotting as you're between your most powerful spell sets. Personally I have given up on multiple toons in the mid 50s because knowing just how good the class gets and dealing with another 3-4 levels of being a weak-ass in an ancient emu isn't worth the headache once you've acquired enough gear to immediately reroll something new that will actually feel like you're playing a game rather than working a job.

Some people think this game only becomes fun past level 57/58 doing dungeons and raids, though I've personally found that is when the "Play" relative to rewarding dopamine triggers is at its absolute lowest and also when you're dealing with hardcore players that are not only risk averse but fun averse as well. Good luck with your class testing, and don't become a slave to the grind - it is perfectly okay to be a casual scum and roll new alts.
Closed Thread