Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Seems fine @ op.

Post 45, I usually only grind a single bubble at most.

You could go harder, but that isn't as fun or chill for me.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What class are you? I just got 1 yellow for 6 hours in The Hole at 54 but I'm a Shadowknight.
That's actually reasonable for a hybrid. Ive always considered 51-60 to be quite a slog but that's mostly mental. Levels 1-50 and levels 51-60 take ROUGHLY same amount of playtime but you're only gaining 10 levels vs 50 levels so it feels much slower.

This is also why casters get spells every level and class titles change every few levels. Theres ALSO the problem of limited zones in which to gain experience after a certain point.

Google "the Kunark problem essay" (written several months after Kunark first released). It really sums it all up quite well. This is why Velious was designed as a level 35+ experience and obviously later MMOs added many more end-game zones/dungeons to remedy this problem as well.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:33 PM
Fire Giant

I'd also recommend dragging a group elsewhere, out of The Hole, to break up some of the monotony. Go camp the Crypt in Seb and get yourself some high-value drops while XPing. Goto Charasis and do the same.

Those zones also provide a more significant challenge that will help break up some of the tedium.

This is why I rerolled as a solo-able class. Nobody seems to wanna leave one (MAYBE TWO) zones per level range and I KNOW that I'll never reach cap if I'm forced to grind all of 51-60 exclusively in The Hole.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:39 PM
Banned

^ ^ ^
LoL @ thinking Fires of Heaven or Seal Team will let you have crypt in seb. They keep those camps locked down and guild-only.

The server is basically dead unless you want to participate on the xp-highway and join a zerg guild.
Old 02-22-2021, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Best xp I could find at 58 on my Shaman was 1 blue bubble an hour killing rat maze rats in Plane of Mischief. That was me soloing, usually with the maze to myself.
Old 02-22-2021, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

I was actually in level 59 when i got that exp rate(so 2.5 bubs was really ore like 5 bub at 58). So I'm assuming it was pretty good since it's a hell level. I've been grinding nonstop for like a week straight and my brain is turned to mush.
Old 02-22-2021, 03:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best xp I could find at 58 on my Shaman was 1 blue bubble an hour killing rat maze rats in Plane of Mischief. That was me soloing, usually with the maze to myself.
BY FAR the best XP I got on Blue was solo @ Efreeti camp on my Warrior. Granted I had a lvl 60 Torpor Shaman PLing me but it was NUTTY fast XP. Shaman would group to Torpor me then drop so I was getting full XP. I gave him all loot drops in exchange for the PL and it made the camp much more laid back (as opposed to soloing it himself)
Old 02-22-2021, 03:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was actually in level 59 when i got that exp rate(so 2.5 bubs was really ore like 5 bub at 58). So I'm assuming it was pretty good since it's a hell level. I've been grinding nonstop for like a week straight and my brain is turned to mush.
Yup! Best to take a few days off to avoid total burnout IMO. Nothing like dingin 60 then having no desire to play anymore~
Old 02-22-2021, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Its a little slow, but not horrible.
Old 02-22-2021, 08:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ ^ ^
LoL @ thinking Fires of Heaven or Seal Team will let you have crypt in seb. They keep those camps locked down and guild-only.

The server is basically dead unless you want to participate on the xp-highway and join a zerg guild.
Easy solution here: Boycott them. Stop buying these items.
Closed Thread