Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always thought chat channels took away some of the immersion factor and hope not to see them here.

Keeping global ooc is fine for now, and maybe revisit the idea (of global ooc) when we hit 1000 online peak (i.e. a few hundred non-peak).
I would really like to know WHY we need a high peak population in order to dump OOC? More players per zone? Are you serious? Will ooc become significant if there are 300 people in LGUK?

When there is 30 in HPH?

The concern here seems to be people wanting 3 things... Auction capabilities, resses, and groups.

Auctions I can see being a legit issue. Leave an auction channel, and if people abuse it, BAN THEM (I know that has its own set of reprocussions) but seriously, this is the main bitch and worry of players.

I see that this is primarily a gear related game now, even though gear and difficulty were never really the draw of EQ. This game is relatively easy once past the learning curve, and gear, well, we could talk about gear and how some here are still obsessed with that rush of a FBSS drop, but thats a whole different topic, especially after 10 years.

This game has always been a socially based platform, a deep one at that. Driven by other factors such as gear, yep, but mostly by relationships made in game. Once again, squeezing 5 of your closest friends into a small room with 495 other people screaming for their own personal gain at the top of their lungs, is only going to generate alot of noise and frustration.

Again, here it comes "if you don't like it, turn it off" yet that presents another whole set of problems to the player. With the rest of the server using ooc as a crutch, and making it nessecary to progress, gear, and such, what happens to the player that hates it? They become the little kid sitting in the corner of the room.

You know where my vote lies on ooc.
Last edited by Thorjorkill; 04-12-2010 at 03:52 PM..
Old 04-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has nothing to do with the idea that your entire argument is retarded and that the majority of the server agrees. No, it couldn't be that we've already discussed this 100 times and the general consensus was to stfu.

Nope the general consensus was to wait until the server pop is big enough and then remove ooc. And the majority of the server agrees with our arguments if you take a look at previous ooc discussions.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I totally get no social interaction and that's why I think your argument is absolute horseshit. You're so smart. I wish I was half as intelligent as you are!
Terrible attempt at trolling yet again.

Quote:
It has nothing to do with the idea that your entire argument is retarded and that the majority of the server agrees. No, it couldn't be that we've already discussed this 100 times and the general consensus was to stfu. No, none of that!
General consensus of all TEN people on the thread that responded?
You still think you speak for the majority of the server. There are 500-600 people on the server during peak hours. MAYBE 50 (Likely much less) of those people have responded to /ooc threads, and out of those people half of them lean in our direction.

The argument is not retarded because you say so.
Get your head out of your ass.

Quote:
You can't ignore the new post indicator
Yes you fucking can.
Last edited by Bones; 04-13-2010 at 03:11 PM..
Old 04-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Yeah, I totally get no social interaction and that's why I think your argument is absolute horseshit. You're so smart. I wish I was half as intelligent as you are!

It has nothing to do with the idea that your entire argument is retarded and that the majority of the server agrees. No, it couldn't be that we've already discussed this 100 times and the general consensus was to stfu. No, none of that!
Its nice that every post of yours goes from 0 to 100. You are an exaggerator of the worst kind. I did not say NEVER, ALWAYS, or ENTIRE in my post, yet you have bad habits of flying off the handle and going to extremes any time you disagree with a post or an opinion.

Break it down brother, take a deep breath and take the manastone out of your ass, it NOT going to turn into a diamond no matter how hard you squeeze and blow snot from your nose in frustration, while the veins pop out of your neck.

We are listening if you can form a logical post without using terms like "retard, always, never, and stfu." However, I'll bet you absolutely, positively cannot do so.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:00 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We're still on track to be up Friday, again as long as everything goes as planned with the setup and configuration of the server at the data center.

Additionally, we will be having a bonus XP week for 1 Week after the server comes back up. All exp gained from kills will be increased 50%.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 04-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Additionally, we will be having a bonus XP week for 1 Week after the server comes back up. All exp gained from kills will be increased 50%.
ugh. why?
Old 04-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're still on track to be up Friday, again as long as everything goes as planned with the setup and configuration of the server at the data center.

OH SNAP!

Edit: Appreciate all that you have done dude. Ill be donating soon.
However, the 50% exp is not necessary :P
Aviak

Quote:

How about making de mask attainable for this week as well. I liked that suggestion !

Give ogres/troll one last opportunity to attain something to shrink themselves ?
Scrawny Gnoll

One major problem of removing global /ooc and /auction is it creates a strong disadvantage for any newcomers to the server. It will truly be classic for those joining the server to venture to the zone (maybe having travelled for 40 mins by boat/translocator) they want to hunt in and shouting that they are LFG. Maybe this poor newb started in Qeynos and there is no one in the zone and no way to get a port out of there. He's going to sit there or make the long/tedious/dangerous run to Freeport. We've all benefitted from the global /ooc and it's easy now for us to disparage it if we're guilded but think about how tough we are making it for new people. If you want to make that change, I believe the server should be wiped because this created a tremendous advantage to those who joined beforehand, more so than any item that no longer drops. The number of high level players would have been cut tremendously and the entire landscape of the game would have changed.

I think this change is fundamentally game alterring and it becomes a major barrier to entry for anyone starting on this server moving forward.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by calaxa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One major problem of removing global /ooc and /auction is it creates a strong disadvantage for any newcomers to the server. It will truly be classic for those joining the server to venture to the zone (maybe having travelled for 40 mins by boat/translocator) they want to hunt in and shouting that they are LFG. Maybe this poor newb started in Qeynos and there is no one in the zone and no way to get a port out of there. He's going to sit there or make the long/tedious/dangerous run to Freeport. We've all benefitted from the global /ooc and it's easy now for us to disparage it if we're guilded but think about how tough we are making it for new people. If you want to make that change, I believe the server should be wiped because this created a tremendous advantage to those who joined beforehand, more so than any item that no longer drops. The number of high level players would have been cut tremendously and the entire landscape of the game would have changed.

I think this change is fundamentally game alterring and it becomes a major barrier to entry for anyone starting on this server moving forward.
I don't think so Calaxa, if you need a hand, send me a tell in game, start using /who, talk to those you see in game (besides "hi" or /wave), make some friends, and have some fun! Build some relationships, once you do, you'll never look at that cheap ass ooc channel again. Things in game will start to feel aquired and meaningful. (unless theres a really good deal on a fishbone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

This is the way it USED to be in EQ, and I think alot of you forget that a awesome drop was only awesome because you had friends to share the experience with.
-----------------------
Rogean-
NO!! Reverse your decision before more people see the thread! Maybe for the weekend, but a whole week? Its going to make content fly by for some of us, that would like to experience it, as opposed to rushing through it. I would take a gander that most of the server population is not too concerned with leveling up as fast as possible.
Last edited by Thorjorkill; 04-12-2010 at 04:12 PM..
Closed Thread