Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2021, 09:20 AM
Fire Giant

Satanic bible makes far more sense than the actual one, /shrug.
Old 05-23-2021, 09:28 AM
Banned

Keep Them Busy https://imgur.com/gallery/1zdQ430
Old 05-23-2021, 06:39 PM
Banned

i never thought about this until earlier today.. i think one reason you will see more people with PTSD on a forum like P99 is... think about it... 9/11 happened around the same time a lot of EverQuest's player-base was coming of age, and I would say a disproportionate number of young men enlisted in the Military and fought in a war as a result...
Old 05-23-2021, 06:51 PM
Banned

Honestly none of my weirdoness has anything to do with fighting or wars. It all happened way b4 when we were rich, like fresh prince of bellair rich, multistory house, affordable plastic surgery etc..

Enlisting probably mellowed me out and gave me some grounding and survival skills. It certainly didn't do anything to stop me from being a little bitch tho. Idk.

I can't speak for others. Rly. I think a lot of us good posters and dedicated questers are pretty exceptional, unique, and individually independent compared to the average homosapien. Or American.

I mean holy hell I know things like I totally shouldn't, couldn't have if I was just born in 1970 instead and didn't have a very privileged childhood. The communist parties of Russia and China would have just killed me. That I have the opportunity to read ur guys posts and feelings is really special. That I'm free to write about it is pretty wild.

If look at the Mobile apps for Tumblr, Netflix, and like YouTube 90s kids and above aren't going to know the truth about anything and are just going to be lonely and mad at the few surviving freethinkers that will completely dominate the world without effort or paying for bots to like their posts. It's already quite obvious here on this forum who is mad af.
Old 05-23-2021, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i never thought about this until earlier today.. i think one reason you will see more people with PTSD on a forum like P99 is... think about it... 9/11 happened around the same time a lot of EverQuest's player-base was coming of age, and I would say a disproportionate number of young men enlisted in the Military and fought in a war as a result...
Not a bad guess

but I alwys attributed it to people trying to kill time in the military, afaik there is a lot of like, gaming in the military because they sit in those plywood buildings idk anything about it but thats what it seems to me. Plywood buildings with xbox in them and a lot of dudes just killing time? Am I far off from military life?
Old 05-23-2021, 07:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a bad guess

but I alwys attributed it to people trying to kill time in the military, afaik there is a lot of like, gaming in the military because they sit in those plywood buildings idk anything about it but thats what it seems to me. Plywood buildings with xbox in them and a lot of dudes just killing time? Am I far off from military life?
It is true... when I was in you could not walk through the barracks without seeing close to 80% of the guys playing World of Warcraft... my first platoon sergeant (who I still game with today) was so obsessed with WoW he would let me go to the barracks and play his character during duty hours...at first this sounded cool, but I actually got burned out on the game because I was playing his Rogue in Alterac Valley all day at work and then when I got off, I didn't have the motivation to play my own characters...
Old 05-24-2021, 09:28 AM
Sarnak

Hugs are better than drugs.
Old 05-24-2021, 09:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they sit in those plywood buildings idk
i never logged off cuz i was either up at 4am or home at 8pm and i was strung out and juiced up

when i started drinking and clubbing i got really fucked up

a lot of ppl lived in tents on my base lol
Old 05-24-2021, 06:07 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lotta ex-military that should try mushrooms instead of EverQuest. That PTSD aint gonna cure itself.
It used to, man.
Closed Thread