Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-01-2018, 10:37 PM
Large Bat

Default I need help with the invisible character issue

I have been messing with this for hours and hours now, and I can't figure out how to resolve it, please help!

I have tried everything I have dug up searching on the forums so far.

I did several fresh installs
I moved the folder to C:/P99
All of my display drivers are up to date
I changed it to full window mode and to 800/600 resolution
I do not use wineq
I tried changing the vertex shaders and pixels in the client file to false, and this just causes my client to crash every time I attempt to login

I am using windows 10, important background info is, this is a very old computer I'm broke, I had just started to play in 2015 or 16 for about 3 weeks or so, then the computer forced me to upgrade to windows 10 and I have never been able to get it to work again, I gave up after a week of trying back then and packed the computer away, but I thought I really want to try to get it going again.

The graphics card is a Radeon X1650 Series.

Someone please help [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Nobile03; 06-01-2018 at 10:40 PM..
Old 06-09-2018, 06:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Do you mean that all models are invisible or just your character?
Old 06-10-2018, 04:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobile03 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been messing with this for hours and hours now, and I can't figure out how to resolve it, please help!

I have tried everything I have dug up searching on the forums so far.

I did several fresh installs
I moved the folder to C:/P99
All of my display drivers are up to date
I changed it to full window mode and to 800/600 resolution
I do not use wineq
I tried changing the vertex shaders and pixels in the client file to false, and this just causes my client to crash every time I attempt to login

I am using windows 10, important background info is, this is a very old computer I'm broke, I had just started to play in 2015 or 16 for about 3 weeks or so, then the computer forced me to upgrade to windows 10 and I have never been able to get it to work again, I gave up after a week of trying back then and packed the computer away, but I thought I really want to try to get it going again.

The graphics card is a Radeon X1650 Series.

Someone please help [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hi Friend!

Your situation is very similar to how mine was.

After being forced in one way or another to upgrade to Win10 I began having a lot of issues, specially with older games and the annoying overlaying non legit message that popped up over all my games regardless of any tweaks to the registry.

Though perhaps not the most ideal solution to you, I would beg you to consider my solution:

Switch to Lubuntu.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It is a very easy to use (can even boot from pendrive) OS that is very light and it is my main Linux distro of use .

I brought back from the dead an AMD E1 laptop (ultra crap laptop if you google it) using Lubuntu on it, which is now my main work laptop.

I can run P99 no problem from Lubuntu , and all it took me was about 10 mins, to fully set it up.

I used play on linux to set up a virtual drive and installed P99 there, and it ran at the first try.

Win10 has issues with old computers (hence why I was unable to use it when I foolishly upgraded my old win7 install) and has been giving me issues since day 1.

The Creators Update on Win10 BROKE a lot of things , for older hardware users specifically too.

So you have several venues of solution:

1) Upgrade to a totally different OS , Linux in this case (support is ample, even here on the forums with some solid threads)

2) Downgrade to an earlier version of Windows 10 (any version before the Creators Update)

3) Try to generate a dual boot system in your hardware, keeping win10 and another OS of your choice if you want, either Linux or Win7 or 8

4) Fully Format and Reinstall an older version of windows like win7 which though not supported will give you ample leeway to play eq and other relatively modern PC games.

I can help you somewhat from my limited knowledge in any choice you want to follow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]