Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 07-27-2023, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True. I honestly wonder how many shamans have actually done the whole quest, like that dude you have to kill in the hole. Probably zero have done it on p99.
I almost did it on P99, was starting to round people up to go into the Hole when someone was like psssst... you know you're an idiot right?
Old 07-27-2023, 06:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How accurate is the TAKP database source? Isn't it out of era? Or I guess probably not for something like this since I can't imagine the Quillmane PH spawn %s changed much post-Velious (or at least not right in Luclin)
There's no way those percentages are era-accurate, or I would have seen quillmane more than once from 1999-2001. 18% chance? Nahh. Why would they rank order them like that? A lion is the most likely, then quillmane, then a bunch of other trash mobs? That makes no sense.

TAKP is planes of power. They definitely might have tweaked the spawn during those two expansions that are post-velious, especially if mages were complaining about their epic
Old 07-27-2023, 08:15 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol fair point. Just gave him something to cling onto to justify why he wants it made more convenient for him
I never said anything anything about making it more convenient for me. What I said was it is something that should not have been changed mid server life cycle based off of one person who found some data that was not even from 1999.

I have zero problems making anything as classic as it could be. In fact, if we are to go that route, we should be all playing on the original UI up until it was changed. We should also keep all the experience penalties in tact for Hybrids as well. How about not being able to adjust gamma or anything else when you hit alt+o? Do you really want to go down that rabbit hole?
Old 07-27-2023, 08:22 PM
Orc

And just to add to my post, I wanted the interview with the dev who created the spawn. He says lioness and elephant caves were not it but then goes to say it was part of the lower level spawn cycle. If a lioness is not low level I do not know what is. And if that is the case and that is the best info we have, then there are a lot of spawns which should be taken off the list. Plus, where did the 78 second rule come from and why is that one QM?

If he cannot remember exactly, and there is really no other proof of anything from classic, then it should just have been left alone instead of some frankenstein project.
Old 07-27-2023, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

Feathered Leggings were certainly a common enough item during live classic trilogy
Old 07-28-2023, 09:28 PM
Banned

How I feel looking down on inferior classes squabbling over getting a component-less levitate
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2474.jpg (22.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 07-30-2023, 06:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And just to add to my post, I wanted the interview with the dev who created the spawn. He says lioness and elephant caves were not it but then goes to say it was part of the lower level spawn cycle. If a lioness is not low level I do not know what is. And if that is the case and that is the best info we have, then there are a lot of spawns which should be taken off the list. Plus, where did the 78 second rule come from and why is that one QM?

If he cannot remember exactly, and there is really no other proof of anything from classic, then it should just have been left alone instead of some frankenstein project.
Since there's no hard documentation and even the original dev can't say with certainty, the next best thing is to emulate the average memory of most players, which is that quillmane was rare af. There were zero guilds during classic selling lev cloak loot rights or requiring every melee raider to have a lev cloak.

It's not like people didn't understand what a rare spawn was back then. People knew what placeholders and named mobs were. Yet there weren't a billion lev cloaks on every server.
Old 07-30-2023, 06:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since there's no hard documentation and even the original dev can't say with certainty, the next best thing is to emulate the average memory of most players, which is that quillmane was rare af. There were zero guilds during classic selling lev cloak loot rights or requiring every melee raider to have a lev cloak.

It's not like people didn't understand what a rare spawn was back then. People knew what placeholders and named mobs were. Yet there weren't a billion lev cloaks on every server.
The problem is that it should never been changed mid server life
Old 07-31-2023, 03:34 AM
Planar Protector

Why not? All other changes are…

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 07-31-2023, 11:51 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not? All other changes are…
Yes per the patches. The QM spawn was never officially changed on live. Every single EMU I have played on had QM spawn the exact same way.