Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

I noticed the kill 3 spawn 3 mechanic on live in paineel newbie yard but couldn't find evidence for submitting a report. I'm glad i'm not the only one who has flagged this!
Old 10-18-2019, 10:59 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool that the structure is there. To be clear, i'm not involved in any development on p99, just have a passion for bug reporting and research.
That was how I started. Don't be afraid to give it a shot, DB work is really straightforward with the right tools, and mostly research/QA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I meant by a script, was not hard code 3 specific spawn points (for example) to instant respawn if dead, but randomize the spawn points every X hours or cycles. If neckbeards track specific spawn points to instant respawns, it will eventually be exploited. But if it was dynamic the chances would go down significantly.
That's basically what a spawngroup is. The entity and the location are random. It's the same concept as a single spawn point, just with pre-defined clusters that spawn around a point and wander out from the center, and instantly respawn once the last from the spawngroup is dead. But here all of the spawns are singular and just approximated as random spawns from a single placeholder. It was "good enough" to not justify the extra work, but the high competition in old zones might give a reason to revisit the mechanic.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:16 AM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was how I started. Don't be afraid to give it a shot, DB work is really straightforward with the right tools, and mostly research/QA.
Man I would love to if papa Rogean would ever entrust me with DB / code access, but at this stage I am not worthy (in skill and time commitment). While I'm devoted to the project, I have 2 kids at a very young age and my primary focus is spending time with the family, especially during these formative years. Even doing guiding is tough, been restricted to bug forum lurking these last few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's basically what a spawngroup is. The entity and the location are random. It's the same concept as a single spawn point, just with pre-defined clusters that spawn around a point and wander out from the center, and instantly respawn once the last from the spawngroup is dead. But here all of the spawns are singular and just approximated as random spawns from a single placeholder. It was "good enough" to not justify the extra work, but the high competition in old zones might give a reason to revisit the mechanic.
Sounds like you need to reach out to Rogean / Nilbog and come back to the project [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In our darkest hour, a hero returns
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 10-18-2019, 11:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely delay the launch. It’s better to fine tune stuff and get a late launch than to launch with a bunch of broken issues.

If you delay launch I’d like to propose a random Green launch. Don’t announce when it will happen, just wipe the characters from beta and turn the server back online. This way people can’t plan out weeks of neckbearding in advance and you will be able to better manage the influx of players as it will take time for word to spread that the server launched.
No because your plan is the biggest benefit to neckbeards. People with lives have to plan and prep. This way we're at least on more even footing.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:04 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Man I would love to if papa Rogean would ever entrust me with DB / code access, but at this stage I am not worthy (in skill and time commitment). While I'm devoted to the project, I have 2 kids at a very young age and my primary focus is spending time with the family, especially during these formative years. Even doing guiding is tough, been restricted to bug forum lurking these last few months.

Sounds like you need to reach out to Rogean / Nilbog and come back to the project [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In our darkest hour, a hero returns
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
I laughed out loud. No one has ever written me a poem before. Maybe a limerick at best. Thanks that was nice.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:23 PM
Skeleton

In order to fully exploit the increased spawn rates, I have a group planned around farming bone chips in newbie areas. We're going to corpse stacks of chips on our bodies in and out of game, insuring our control of the bone chip market for years to come. It would be nice if our network of exploiters could be in every starter zone, stocking up on chips and spiderling silk so that we can ruin the server economy on day 1 due to increased spawn rate.

Let me know If you would like to join in and can go for 18 hours per day for 2 months, never been tricked by left over mt dew bottles in your nest and can consume flaming hot cheetos without taking your hands off the keyboard. My group has 5 spots left but we're filling up fast.
Old 10-19-2019, 03:35 AM
Fire Giant

Rabid wolf is nerfed. Cros Treewind correctly assisting bears.
Last edited by AenorVZ; 10-19-2019 at 03:40 AM..
Old 10-19-2019, 04:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In order to fully exploit the increased spawn rates, I have a group planned around farming bone chips in newbie areas. We're going to corpse stacks of chips on our bodies in and out of game, insuring our control of the bone chip market for years to come. It would be nice if our network of exploiters could be in every starter zone, stocking up on chips and spiderling silk so that we can ruin the server economy on day 1 due to increased spawn rate.

Let me know If you would like to join in and can go for 18 hours per day for 2 months, never been tricked by left over mt dew bottles in your nest and can consume flaming hot cheetos without taking your hands off the keyboard. My group has 5 spots left but we're filling up fast.
Shits classic.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread