Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damarous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We had a solid agreement with PS prior to RIOT's creation and rarely if ever had an issue, so it seems more like you just want to say "stop bitching" more than "sorry for your luck".

We don't need every island every weekend, just adherence to an agreement would be nice really. Right now we have to plan our sky raids when we port up to sky because we have no idea what will be up.

Last week spiroc lord didn't spawn until 11pm eastern
This one's a no-brainer, happy to work with you to make sure we don't step on each others' toes. This is the first I'm hearing about there being any issues there, I assumed you guys were working everything out with Arthion, since you guys worked with PS for Sunday sky in the past. Did you mention anything to him? Ping either of us and we'll make sure it's addressed.

As for HoT, it's something we've typically done just when stuff isn't in window and when nobody else is in there. We had some issues where people in other guilds were upset that riot was in there when they were looking to start their regular/weekly HoT. So we made a list of all the "scheduled" HoT raids and we made sure we don't go at those times. I assume any issue with HoT was some time ago. Ping me or Arthion if anything comes up.

As for the OP, I am not a fan of these types of posts. It's fairly cringy and we try to promote a culture of being above this sort of thing, though we don't have any rules against them.
There is a (small) difference, though, between having a laugh at AM's shit-talking being applied to them as they find themselves in the exact situation we were in, and just talking your own shit because you're classless. you won't find riot leadership making these types of posts in rnf (as AM's leadership constantly did), or saying "grats rest of the server" or other salty things in ooc when some other guilds team up to kill something, and on and on. They'd like to think we're just as bad as they were, but it's not even close.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sky rotation has always sucked, especially for people who share days. One of you isn't going to get bees. There is no hard cut-off in the am/pm slots of the sky rotation, and anyone who has shared a slot has gone through the same situation.

You have to come to some agreement about it with the guilds on your day, the next day, and the previous day. The situation won't just resolve itself, and now that GMs have suspended people for breaking player made agreements (specifically regarding sky), I wouldn't expect many guilds to be very eager to enter into them.
Oh, for sure. I could have come in here and complained that we were getting the short end of the stick since the days of PS (old agreement was every third week we would get bees), but I didn't. I just specified issues not related specifically to the rotation (poor communication, revolving door of raid leaders so no consistency, etc).

At this point any time we have an issue in sky the first response from the majority of our guild in discord is a collective groan and "what did riot do this time?"

As a guild of casuals, I was just taking issue with the statement that riot is the casuals that AM used to shit on returning the favor :-P
Old 10-18-2019, 05:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by planarity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This one's a no-brainer, happy to work with you to make sure we don't step on each others' toes. This is the first I'm hearing about there being any issues there, I assumed you guys were working everything out with Arthion, since you guys worked with PS for Sunday sky in the past. Did you mention anything to him? Ping either of us and we'll make sure it's addressed.

As for HoT, it's something we've typically done just when stuff isn't in window and when nobody else is in there. We had some issues where people in other guilds were upset that riot was in there when they were looking to start their regular/weekly HoT. So we made a list of all the "scheduled" HoT raids and we made sure we don't go at those times. I assume any issue with HoT was some time ago. Ping me or Arthion if anything comes up.

As for the OP, I am not a fan of these types of posts. It's fairly cringy and we try to promote a culture of being above this sort of thing, though we don't have any rules against them.
There is a (small) difference, though, between having a laugh at AM's shit-talking being applied to them as they find themselves in the exact situation we were in, and just talking your own shit because you're classless. you won't find riot leadership making these types of posts in rnf (as AM's leadership constantly did), or saying "grats rest of the server" or other salty things in ooc when some other guilds team up to kill something, and on and on. They'd like to think we're just as bad as they were, but it's not even close.
Appreciate your response :-). I really didn't expect this to blow up like it did. I was just trying to post in RnF :-P. Sorry I derailed the thread and whatnot. :lol:

P.S. I'll make sure someone reaches out if we have an issue in the future :-)
Old 10-18-2019, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damarous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At this point any time we have an issue in sky the first response from the majority of our guild in discord is a collective groan and "what did riot do this time?"
This is pretty misrepresented as it is likely the case that 'its usually Riot' bc we take up the Sky slot before yours. So logically of course if there is a perceived slight to your Sky day its Riots fault...

That totally misrepresents what I quoted tho which insinuates we are constantly causing DB problems outside of Sky.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is pretty misrepresented as it is likely the case that 'its usually Riot' bc we take up the Sky slot before yours. So logically of course if there is a perceived slight to your Sky day its Riots fault...

That totally misrepresents what I quoted tho which insinuates we are constantly causing DB problems outside of Sky.
Very fair. Like I said, I was caught off guard. I just wanted to shit post and now i'm being asked to provide logical things like events and situations :-P

<3

We have had issues outside of sky, but honestly, I haven't kept track, so I only referenced what I knew to be true/fact :-D
Old 10-18-2019, 10:00 PM
Sarnak

Well, it was fun while it lasted. I have it on good authority that Riot wiped to Vindi today because they had less than 30 raiders for it...
Old 10-18-2019, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

The audacity!
Old 10-18-2019, 11:01 PM
Fire Giant

Pretty hardcore cringe at OP.

Being on top is temporary. Gloating is ridiculous, server is beaten. The top slot is a game of attrition and now more than ever is that the case.

Suppose when you’re new to being on top it’s easy to get drawn in to ‘winning poorly’ but there’s a pride and satisfaction knowing you’re not the shitlord cesspool type of ‘on top’ like certain others have been.
Old 10-19-2019, 03:25 AM
Kobold

All fun and games.

Why some peeps so serious?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...486592/rc2.jpg

Usual pre/post cycle haning with the bro's. Missing Ratchet from pic
Old 10-19-2019, 03:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaezyr D`Shiv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, it was fun while it lasted. I have it on good authority that Riot wiped to Vindi today because they had less than 30 raiders for it...
Good ol vindi
Closed Thread