Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: DO YOU SUBMIT YOUR BODY TO THE LIST???
Yes, I have no interest in keeping a bedpan near my computer. 165 81.68%
No, how can I have fun if I can't keep others from accomplishing their goals? 37 18.32%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A poopsocker who broke the player agreed upon lists and ks or took the camp by force was warned and removed from the zone by a guide. Just pretend the command baked in is a player agreed upon list in that manner and all is good. Because the majority do in fact agree on the command list.
Yes, there are rules that govern camping and rules against KSing.

That has nothing to do with /list.

For people who are in favor of /list: What would your reaction be if the developers announced that they were adding instanced versions of all the game's dungeons?
Old 10-18-2019, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, there are rules that govern camping and rules against KSing.

That has nothing to do with /list.

For people who are in favor of /list: What would your reaction be if the developers announced that they were adding instanced versions of all the game's dungeons?
Wouldn't it more similar to spawning epic mobs with a turn in vs a guild camping the 1 week spawn forever?
Old 10-18-2019, 03:26 PM
Sarnak

The /list is just a automatic version of the community list that does the exact same thing. Minus the constant GM intervention to stop asshats from ruining community lists. Same concept just less nonsense work for devs.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:27 PM
Orc

The list is only for legacy items.

People did not originally know these items would be removed from the game and thus were not as fervently pursued.

P99 does not have the staff to enforce the rules/play nice policy that EQ originally had.

Hence, the list. That's it.

Don't understand why that's so hard to understand that it is the only practical way to emulate the classic environment and deal with a new issue (player knowledge). You can have the competition for camps etc. on literally every other desired item besides legacy items.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The list is only for legacy items.

People did not originally know these items would be removed from the game and thus were not as fervently pursued.

P99 does not have the staff to enforce the rules/play nice policy that EQ originally had.

Hence, the list. That's it.

Don't understand why that's so hard to understand that it is the only practical way to emulate the classic environment and deal with a new issue (player knowledge). You can have the competition for camps etc. on literally every other desired item besides legacy items.
/cheers
Old 10-18-2019, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure, and there were lists for camps like goblins in HHK. That was definitely a part of the game.

But there's a massive difference between a player-maintained and agreed upon list, and a command baked into the game that forces other players to obey it. They're completely different things, and I don't feel like the latter is in the spirit of classic EQ, for the reasons I mentioned above.
The problem with applying player-made lists for highly sought after items on an emulated server is that we don't have the CSR coverage on P99 that you did back in the day on live.

During the Guide days, there were tons of Guides and GMs. I remember hanging out in CSHome on various different servers and there were always like 7-10 CSR members (mostly Guides unless it was during a GM's shift) in there during the busier hours. So it was much easier to prevent people screwing around with the player made list (i.e. ignoring it or letting their friends jump ahead if they were keeping the list) because for the most part you could get CSR assistance a lot quicker to enforce the list. On P99, there just aren't the resources for that.

This isn't intended as any disrespect to the staff of course. The GMs and Guides do a great job, there's just not a ton of them (and understandably so).
Old 10-18-2019, 04:21 PM
Sarnak

Anyone broken down the numbers on the LGuk camps?
  • Dozens if not hundreds of names on the list.
  • Is the EE going to be on a 28 min timer?
  • Manastone is a "rare" drop - anyone know the % for that?

I'm thinking, even with the list, it could be a very, very long time for some of us filthy casuals.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:22 PM
Fire Giant

I do not believe everyone who wants a manastone will get one.
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 10-18-2019, 04:35 PM
Aviak

this is dumb and not classic.

In classic, we stole items from corpses and didn't tell our group that things dropped.

That is how it is done, not this system that will not work and be eventually removed.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:18 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread