Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 12:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Other than ourselves who are we kidding? The likelihood that Project 1999 was going to dedicate time in development, and likely more importantly to management, of a PVP enabled server has always been nearly zero. It's conceptually a viable idea but unless the management team were themselves an avid fan of EQ PVP it would never succeed.

Rogean was never a Red player or a PVPer. Sirken was never a PVPer, he was a 4th tier halfwit bluebie on Vallon Zek. They're not the correct project managers for an EQ PVP server.

--Renly was never a PVPer.

--Devnoob and Co were never PVPers.

If we're to ever have a viable, successful, arc for a PVP server it's going to have to come from the rare spawn that is a well-balanced PVP fanatic.

Spoiler Alert: Don't hold your breath.

We are playing on servers that are intended to never go past a certain era and players with an absolute willingness to play for years longer than the server's timeline.

No one is ever more excited about pvp than when they hear about a new server and the opportunity to fight for Guk again. Only real sick fucks who have lost touch with reality will remain on Red and give a shit about not having an opportunity to BIS out their 10th
whatever character because of a limited timeline.

Red99 is a fine server, has the best classic code, and I can't wait to play on the next box. The biggest and honestly, the only significant problem this server had, is guilds with three times the necessary kill force sitting at spawns at the 1-week mark, preventing PVP.

I believe nerds will be more interested in having fun than zerging to get BIS in every slot when they know that won't even be achievable before the next expansion drops since the expansions are coded and ready for release in classic timelines. More importantly, because they know the server will reset after a certain amount of time.

Hope the staff does some Q&A before implementing PVP inducing ideas.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is his website and his forum. Get lost, orc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolget [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
deletion of the thread was effectively rogaine throwing in the towel
Yeahlight broke like spun sugar as eqclassic head over us ripping him about re-envisioned or otherwise nonclassic content

Getting Rogean to turn off the boxes has proved to be an impossible task for many who have tried

and I'm not talking about any of the casual efforts made
Old 09-30-2019, 08:45 AM
Sarnak

Who was that guy who only made forum posts in like really cringe hip hop raps and I wonder what rehab / prison he is in now that prevents him from continuing his shit posts
Old 09-30-2019, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

It’s Rogean every time. Thread is dumb.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is his website and his forum. Get lost, orc.
The argument wasn't about whether or not he owned the hamster wheel keeping Red99 turned on. It was about him being a sensitive man baby.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who was that guy who only made forum posts in like really cringe hip hop raps and I wonder what rehab / prison he is in now that prevents him from continuing his shit posts
He has ascended to a higher plane for now.

https://fox40.com/2015/03/23/woman-h...l-mace-attack/

No one will ever know the dedication in this poor elfs heart.
Old 09-30-2019, 12:00 PM
Banned

#BoxLegacy
Old 09-30-2019, 03:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red was just a troll to get the problematic players off blue

i hope it wont work again friends

coming from what it seems to be a very respectfull and non toxic blue player
Old 09-30-2019, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

I really want to post in this thread..
so here I am.. Consider RED staff
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-30-2019, 03:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
--Renly was never a PVPer.

If we're to ever have a viable, successful, arc for a PVP server it's going to have to come from the rare spawn that is a well-balanced PVP fanatic.

Spoiler Alert: Don't hold your breath.
All of my staff played on red, myself included. I played on TZ back in 2004, albeit not very much. I literally won't touch a game unless it has PVP. UO, WoW, etc. Anyone (bergs excluded) who played on RoZ seem to think we got the formula right. I think you want some elf lawyer to compel the community to play the way you remember, but those days are gone. It's an evolving game strategy-wise even today.
Closed Thread