Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 08:20 PM
Sarnak

Default Are the original corpse expire times go to be on green?

There used to be a really short time to get your corpse originally before changes were made. Will the short corpse timers be in place or the newer corpse expire times?
Old 10-16-2019, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Find evidence of when it was changed, then post a bug for it, and it will be a lot more likely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT: http://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes has several corpse-related notes, but I'm not sure which one specifically you're thinking of. Also you might want to check and make sure no one already filed a similar bug.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-16-2019 at 08:26 PM..
Old 10-16-2019, 08:24 PM
Fire Giant

It was something like 30minutes / 1 hour or whatever for newbs, and progressively got longer, i dont remember the exact numbers but.. I honestly doubt this is going to be one of the classic things that staff wants to implement. They are incredibly forgiving when it comes to corpse expirations and stuff from what i understand and this would likely just add more work for them. If they added a new CSR rule in which no corpses would be recovered... that would be interesting to say the least.

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 10-16-2019, 08:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Find evidence of when it was changed, then post a bug for it, and it will be a lot more likely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT: http://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes has several corpse-related notes, but I'm not sure which one specifically you're thinking of. Also you might want to check and make sure no one already filed a similar bug.
I would prefer it not to be in game. I was just curious to say the least.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

sounds like a CSR nightmare
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

I have always found the fact that gms restore expired corpses on blue disturbing. The difficulty was part of the charm of the game and i remember losing a few corpses that were either unrecoverable or timer poofed and i just had to regear. Getting bailed out by a gm is so lame.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

The corpse timer was 30 mins, no matter what, under level 4. After that, it was 24 hours and that time only counted down if you were online. They also, however, started you with new bread and water every time you died prior to level 4. So it was a whole 'nother ball game.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have always found the fact that gms restore expired corpses on blue disturbing. The difficulty was part of the charm of the game and i remember losing a few corpses that were either unrecoverable or timer poofed and i just had to regear. Getting bailed out by a gm is so lame.
I found it relieving, especially if you rage quit one day and came back a few months later. I respect the Nil. I think He has done the best he could to keep a good community. I even donated for like a year after I quit playing. I think the decisions have been excellent in every way by the staff of P99. I even respect daybreak and their agreements because everything as far as I am concerned has been very balanced.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:43 PM
Fire Giant

As far as I am concerned, NilRog are the patron saints of my childhood at this point.

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 10-17-2019, 03:02 AM
Large Bat

whats the timer on beta?
Closed Thread