Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

Default 6 level 16 mages down EE in Guk?

Just heard this this morning from a friend. He said it went down on the discord. Can anyone confirm this? If so, this is simply madness and the devs need to fix mages ASAP.

I know beta is 10x exp but all the highest toons are mages. The level of OP in mages currently will ruin the whole entire experience. Sorry to say.

I hope this not true. Would like anyone to chime in if they heard the same or can confirm this?
Old 10-17-2019, 08:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just heard this this morning from a friend. He said it went down on the discord. Can anyone confirm this? If so, this is simply madness and the devs need to fix mages ASAP.

I know beta is 10x exp but all the highest toons are mages. The level of OP in mages currently will ruin the whole entire experience. Sorry to say.

I hope this not true. Would like anyone to chime in if they heard the same or can confirm this?
It sucks, but I expect the green server to be mostly all solo classes. So magicians being everywhere will be a norm, so all I can say is, get used to it.

/shrug.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:29 AM
Banned

Me hAs consisTenly grouPed with Ppl all WeK
Me thInk maG feArs overBlowN
AlsO whO cAre if ppl antiSoc
Old 10-17-2019, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AlsO whO cAre if ppl antiSoc
I care! The essence of this game is helping each other! And it's the difference between this game and, let's say, Classic WoW.

So, it's kind of important.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:35 AM
Sarnak

can confirm this is classic! Mages are OP in Vanilla. They just get screwed when it comes to raids. Pets path super weird and wipe the raids so most times they aren't even allowed to use a pet. 6 mages in a group are crazy.... just don't die lol
Old 10-17-2019, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It sucks, but I expect the green server to be mostly all solo classes. So magicians being everywhere will be a norm, so all I can say is, get used to it.

/shrug.
You totally miss the point. The point is mage pets are still casting spells. They are not in their true form right now on Green. There has been patch notes provided in the Bugs forum to prove this 100%. Nobody is even saying anything about this! It disgusts me quite frankly. People will rather have a broke launch on Green to get a head start for a few pixels that won't even matter due to the /list function.

It completely baffles me. I feel like I am lone ranger here for wanting the server to emulate how it was on classic launch. Pets were no where near as good as they are here on blue and now green. It's a HUGE deal. It completely changes things and makes things unclassic.

If the launch needs to be delayed, then so be it. It would be well worth it. Heck right now Kunark items are dropping...there are a TON of bugs being reported.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I care! The essence of this game is helping each other!
The essence of the game is entirely personal. As long as someone isn't breaking the rules, how they play, or how you play, or how I play, is all valid. There is no "right" or "wrong" way to enjoy something. That's just gatekeeping.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can confirm this is classic! Mages are OP in Vanilla. They just get screwed when it comes to raids. Pets path super weird and wipe the raids so most times they aren't even allowed to use a pet. 6 mages in a group are crazy.... just don't die lol
Read this, see actual patch notes from May 1999: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=335869

So, no you are wrong...mage pets are OP on P99, not classic! My first character was mage and the pets sucked balls. The pets did not cast up until around 2.5 months in. Pets post level 20 did not exist in-game due to research broke. If research would have been fixed, the only way to get a pet post 20 would have been through research. Keep in mind that research drops were 300% rarer at the time. So most mages who made it past 20 ended up using the level 20 pet until 2.5 months in when it got fixed.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The essence of the game is entirely personal. As long as someone isn't breaking the rules, how they play, or how you play, or how I play, is all valid. There is no "right" or "wrong" way to enjoy something. That's just gatekeeping.
I agree with you. You're missing my point though. Thanks!
Old 10-17-2019, 09:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
I agree with you. You're missing my point though. Thanks!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread