Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

The big picture concept is that it will follow the timeframes from release through Velious. So one yearish spent in vanilla, under a year of Kunark, then another yearish plus in Velious, then reset.

All the detail oriented stuff you can just wait and read the patch notes as they happen while you play if you aren't worried about it too much.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:30 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by magusfire24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except that this puts back in things that SOE/Daybreak took out. Like corpse runs with no npc that can summon corpse, darkness, old ui. old character models. no easy way to port with plane of knowledge or luclin. So more traveling and relying on others to help you. Slower regen of health and mana due to not having the enhanced out of combat regen.
I understand all of that and have logged into in the green beta.

What I am getting at more is how the patch progression is planning on being handled and things that will be changed/unchanged.

Not all things will be the same as the old patch timeline, since there were some things that were already rejected (Necro/Sham charm). So, in general, what kind of things are going in and what kind of things aren't? Is the goal really to create the exact patch timeline (some seem to suggest this) through monthly updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The big picture concept is that it will follow the timeframes from release through Velious. So one yearish spent in vanilla, under a year of Kunark, then another yearish plus in Velious, then reset.

All the detail oriented stuff you can just wait and read the patch notes as they happen while you play if you aren't worried about it too much.

Idk, it's like a week out so I kind of figured there'd just be more information maybe. But you and others are right. Should just go with the flow more and enjoy the ride.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:20 PM
Kobold

Yes, the goal is to recreate the original patch timeline but replicating it 100% is unrealistic so think of it as a work in progress that will get better the next go around.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagami [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand all of that and have logged into in the green beta.

What I am getting at more is how the patch progression is planning on being handled and things that will be changed/unchanged.

Not all things will be the same as the old patch timeline, since there were some things that were already rejected (Necro/Sham charm). So, in general, what kind of things are going in and what kind of things aren't? Is the goal really to create the exact patch timeline (some seem to suggest this) through monthly updates?

Idk, it's like a week out so I kind of figured there'd just be more information maybe. But you and others are right. Should just go with the flow more and enjoy the ride.
We don't really know for sure how this will work in terms of will every little change be replicated. We know some changes will not be, such as Necro/Shaman charming. There's no real complete list of decisions on things yet.

However, IMO it's a pretty safe bet to apply a couple of rules of thumb when wondering what something from a patch note will be like on day 1: (i) if it's something that was arguably a bug fix, they will probably just implement the fixed version at launch (because if it's a bug, the EQ devs would've fixed it earlier if they'd known about it), (ii) if it's something from classic that allowed exploitation or otherwise made things really easy/cheesey for an individual player, but was later changed in a patch, I would expect that they will just go with the patched version from day 1, (iii) if it's something that would potentially require several weeks (or maybe a couple months or more) of development and testing, I would expect that they will not implement it on this iteration of Green (for example, the Necro/Shaman charm mechanics that you mentioned, the different iterations of Splitpaw that they went through on live, etc.).
Last edited by cd288; 10-18-2019 at 04:08 PM..
Old 10-18-2019, 04:09 PM
Aviak

YAY - KS'ing wizards will be running around taking kills from groups because group damage compared to individual damage did not exist for a few months in.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Lol is that actually confirmed or are you just /s
Old 10-18-2019, 04:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
YAY - KS'ing wizards will be running around taking kills from groups because group damage compared to individual damage did not exist for a few months in.
Doubtful
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 10-18-2019, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

in the first 2-3 months the vast majority of patches gave no text, or some very cryptic text like "fixed some quest issues" they always of course added something about improving server stability and whatnot, too.

it would be virtually impossible for any of us not working at verant who saved the original patches to figure out what was changed, so there is no way for P99 to 100% recapture the patch history.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:37 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they always of course added something about improving server stability and whatnot, too.
Damn, does that mean I have to undo the amazing server stability so that we can 'patch' it later? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.](

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-18-2019, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn, does that mean I have to undo the amazing server stability so that we can 'patch' it later? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.](
or you could just lie to us weekly. Same dif. heh.
Closed Thread