Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should velious mobs (vyemm) be retuned for p99 dificulty?
Yes, it helps the game 31 40.79%
No, raid bosses should only be as hard as they were-even if it allows 50-60 man forces to kill them 23 30.26%
I like cake 22 28.95%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 02:20 AM
Sarnak

Default Is tuning mobs for 90+ man forces classic?

With the recent changes to Vyemm on both red and blue, it seems to be that the encounter is being tuned for raid forces that far exceed the amount it was designed for live EQ. As someone who has been a part of Vyemm raids on red since day one, I have to say-I think the current version of Vyemm is even harder then the version of Vyemm that exists on live EQ. Currently with tanks at 1350 ac even a single mistake wipes the raid on Vyemm, on either red or blue. Nether server has had much success with this mob.

Personally I think the classic Velious encounters should only as hard as they were in classic,and should not be totally re-tuned out of concern that they are not hard enough for p99s current raid force. So my question to you is this: Should classic encounters be tuned around the raid force of p99 to the point where they may be unwinnable if numbers drop to 50-60 a raid as it might in many months down the line? The current tuning makes me concerned about the difficulty of the event in the instance where guild numbers drop and either p99 is left with a "normal' raid force instead of a 100-120 man raid force. Will Vyemm be re-tuned then?
Last edited by BardPop; 08-27-2015 at 02:35 AM..
Old 08-27-2015, 06:35 AM
Banned

Zergs with 98 . But complains about content designed for 40 . Claims its to hard . <empire>
Old 08-27-2015, 06:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyGlue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zergs with 98 . But complains about content designed for 40 . Claims its to hard . <empire>
ToV is that zone u get too from Western Wastes. Its full of dragons. Pixels and wonder. Let me know if you ever get the chance to zone in.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:34 AM
Sarnak

not classic
Old 08-27-2015, 07:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ToV is that zone u get too from Western Wastes. Its full of dragons. Pixels and wonder. Let me know if you ever get the chance to zone in.
I have 5+ years to do it so I'm not rushing
Old 08-27-2015, 07:46 AM
Fire Giant

Video games should be a challenge man.

Dont worry about it.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:59 AM
Sarnak

lol
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:12 AM
Orc

krazyGlue
This message is hidden because krazyGlue is on your ignore list.

-Posts on like every thread whining
-Complains about server health, but spent over a year on Mrbigz (fungi/epic rogue)griefing newbies in unrest off the server
-His own guildmates in azrael couldn't stand him
-Taken as seriously as Agatha and Ragnaros
-toxic levels of immersion

You're not at Drakar levels yet, but god damn. It's a game man.

Edit: voted for cake.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:17 AM
Banned

Go ahead and nail me to a cross for enjoying having a feeling of progression right now

Vyemm was a monster but need prof of what he should do when unslowed to tanks with their current gear
Old 08-27-2015, 10:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go ahead and nail me to a cross for enjoying having a feeling of progression right now
Same.