Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangerbaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The amount of drama this 50 year old game can generate and the kind of people (delusional trannies, pixel addicts) it attracts is endlessly entertaining.

I say not only does Sirken get reinstated and given more power but we bring back Amelinda or any other shitty GM and launch a new Project 1999 purple server meant for trannies, furries, pixel extortionists (like the kind that worked with Sirken to hand out bans), and displaced former players of red99.
So, what are you then?
Old 12-07-2018, 03:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now that's the kind of staff change I'm talking about
Legit laughing out loud in the office at this. The one-two post combo!

*applauds*
Old 12-07-2018, 08:51 AM
Aviak

@Rogean:

I truly hope you're also banhammering the person who fabricated these reports in hopes of getting Sirken removed from the CSR scene.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-07-2018, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

^lol
Old 12-25-2018, 09:40 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and possibly even a return to the Class system from Kunark.
When this was implemented was the most fun I personally ever had on this server. It literally got rid of ALL the BS in the raid scene for every guild that doesnt want to spend every waking minute in this game poop socking targets.
Old 12-25-2018, 11:14 PM
Fire Giant

Personally, I dont feel he should get a second chance. I welcome him as a regular player. But you gave him the keys to the kingdom, and he has now shown he couldn't be trusted with such responsibility. Therefore, in my opinion, he should be removed completely from server staff.
Old 12-27-2018, 02:03 PM
Orc

Will we be seeing any responses to petitions for reimbursements any time soon?
Old 12-27-2018, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to the staff and Sirken
Old 12-28-2018, 07:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, that's totally a reasonable request [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hey Khaleesi, can you spend nearly a decade of your life working on a passion project in your free time, and also recruit a bunch of other volunteers to help, then after all that time can you just give me all of your work, both so I can start a competing project and so that I can use it to cheat on your project?

Don't get me wrong: I would love to see fifty different fan-run servers that all have the quality of P99 (both in terms of staff and in terms of the database/code). But I certainly wouldn't expect anyone else, let alone them and their team of volunteers, to all work for years and then give me the fruit of their labor, especially since by definition that would entail giving up all of the secrets of the game.
Aside from your clearly useless and sardonic natured strawman - which could only sound more ridiculous if you replaced it with mention of curing cancer- hording benefits no one.

What fruit of their labor? There is nothing of intrinsic or physical value being obtained by the existing of Project 1999 and their reasons for running it are their own.
Secrets? Such as?

Cheat ? This isn't a highschool project.

The only expectation is for them to release the data. What people do with is up to them.
Provided Project 1999 had very few or minor 'issues' then we could tolerate it a while longer in the absence of any alternatives. Though eventually competition is the only thing that progresses a market place. And since Project 1999 has none(outside of different client based projects such as TAK and P2002), it's a monopoly and a bad one at that.

Stop with the excuses.
Last edited by Khaleesi; 12-28-2018 at 07:37 AM..
Closed Thread