Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As if 99% of us couldn't type the same diatribe about everquest
I don't think it's quite the same. And it seems to have to do with the more completionist/perfectionist mentality encountered in WoW, owing to a less immersive environment in which most everything is handed to the player.

My experience on private WoW servers (I have a 60 rogue on one and a 60 druid on another, amongst alts) showed me nearly EVERYONE, even in pub raids, expects min/max to the extreme.

It's really quite lame.

My badass rogue was regularly mocked for daring to spec Assassination and use daggers. Even in his casual guild.

Like kjs said, things will be forced to a specific meta.

And the competition for quest mobs among the masses will be extreme. I saw that over and over when I played WoW expansions upon release.

There will be people hitting 60 within about 48 hours, people that have already done this dozens and dozens of times will be playing and pl'ing each others characters 24/7.

And some of them will make a living out of smashing lowbies in between MC raids.

Oddly enough, I sort of like that about WoW, that need to avoid the high level gank squads.

I can already see the high level characters, just a few days after release, slaughtering lowbies in Tarren Mill and Southshore. High level horde will crap all over Lakeshire.

Hmm this is making me want to re-activate my sub.
Old 08-23-2019, 03:59 PM
Sarnak

Well maybe not 48 hours, more like within 4 to 5 days. First week for certain.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've posted multiple times that I suspect that is exactly what is happening and that Riot are preparing the launch of their next PR campaign shortly.

"Oh look, we've offered these non-inner ring mobs and Aftermath says no. Boo, Aftermath!"

Everything but inner ring can still be contested by any guild that can field a kill force. No need to zerg, diminishing returns from having a zerg, and no guilt from accepting welfare pixels.

The inner ring is so overwhelming determined by numbers they are effectively uncontestable and they also require the largest time investment to crawl to.

Disappointing how quickly pixel lust took over those founding principals. 400+ hungry mouths to feed and counting!
Pretty disappointing to see you guys give up so soon and so easily. It's only been a few months and your guild is losing their shit cuz you're not farming pixels. Why not embrace the competition? AM still gets mobs, just not all of them lol. Keep blaming the zerg, but Riot's numbers aren't so different to the point where you're not able to compete. There's actually some pretty important strategizing required to win mobs in tov, and you obviously haven't figured it out, so you've become desperate, and have thrown a wrench into the situation (which, btw, not even the smaller guilds have any desire to agree to). But you wouldn't know that would you? Instead of trying to engrave it into people's heads that what you're doing isn't out of spite, try communicating with the smaller guilds, and quit it with the ultimatums. This server would be a lot more enjoyable if you did.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:49 PM
Banned

Aftermath didn’t want competition. It’s a shame it took the biggest zerg ever seen on p99 or hell maybe all of emu to make their true colors come out.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:55 PM
Kobold

Rooted dragons is ass
Old 08-23-2019, 05:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

As much as it pains me, not a good look for AM. Where was this generous offer during the months/years you were dominating the raid scene?

The unfortunate reality is this raid scene has sucked for a while and now it's just more sucky.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Mikeo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's kinda like anyone posting here offering up to not contest a job opening or single girl.
Most of the people posting here lack any ability to contest any real person, boy or girl. Job probably a bit less.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how's that bank account lookin?
Very good and yours?
Old 08-23-2019, 07:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of the people posting here lack any ability to contest any real person, boy or girl. Job probably a bit less.
How’s that any different than AM with inner ring ToV?

If only we could fish for concessions in the dating scene.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:14 PM
Fire Giant

Imagine when you are 85 on your deathbed and you reminisce about how you were extremely upset in your diabetic, underemployed 30s about which mystical hero alliance was getting the most elf slippers of +11 stamina
Closed Thread