Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 10:04 PM
Kobold

Default Question about Mask of the Hunter (DRU 60)

Specifically regarding the magnification effect it provides, does this affect third-person views, such as "EQ Cam" and the various F9 cycles like the effects of drunkenness does? As I understand it, this effect can be canceled by zoning/logging, but I am still a bit concerned as I tend to have problems with motion sickness and nausea when games get wacky with their FOVs.

Oh, and while I'm at it... can someone confirm that this spell is usable indoors? Lacks the SoW of Howler, so I am assuming so.
Old 08-19-2018, 01:36 AM
Large Rat

You can cast mask of the hunter outdoor only but it lasts a long time, 2 hours ish.
There is no magnification effect. You can zone indoor and still keep it. It does not stack with Gift of brilliance.

It is form of the hunter, the wolf illusion lvl 60, that is outdoor only and is removed when you zone. Also it has no magnification effect.
Old 08-19-2018, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

The FOV increase (wider vision) does affect third person cameras, both mouse wheel out and F9, but if that's truly a problem you can cast it, camp or zone, and the camera will revert to normal until it wears off (like 3 hours) and you cast it again.

The spell can only be cast outdoors. The buff and all its effects (save the vision changes, which are removed upon camping or zoning just like illusions) will remain for the duration. It does not stack with the enchanter minor mana regen buffs like Gift of Brilliance or Form of the Howler, as ygagarine said.

I honestly never notice the vision effect because I'm always porting or zoning. Since the buff lasts so long I really only ever cast it after it wears off, which usually means I'm leaving an indoor zone to rebuff and then immediately zoning back in.
Last edited by Bummey; 08-19-2018 at 01:30 PM..
Old 08-19-2018, 01:37 PM
Kobold

Good info, thanks much.
Closed Thread