Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Time is an abundant resource with regards to p1999.

I suggest discounting it when considering 'fun efficiency'.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

Yeah and I am not even sure rushing to 60 to finally start farming coins is the most efficient, it depend on the class.

Plus farming plats at 60 is not that easy, for most people it isn't really fun, I've seen so many post "where can I get rich now that I am finally 60?", there is no easy answer.

Myself I choose to focus on camp that can give me both decent exp/cash while leveling, and I was able to buy a fungi and some nice toys before I ever dinged 60 on p99, you can get "rich" just leveling characters. It's also pretty fun. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Sacer; 09-03-2018 at 11:14 AM..
Old 09-03-2018, 11:20 AM
Fire Giant

Just focus on getting to 60, then worry about plat and gear.

Provided you are not an iksar the only thing you should focus on prior to 60 is getting a job as early as possible as this single item can take you to 60
Old 09-03-2018, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah and I am not even sure rushing to 60 to finally start farming coins is the most efficient, it depend on the class.
First off, it's weird to say "it depends on the class" in a thread that was entirely about Shaman. But even so, it's more efficient for every class to level to 60 and earn plat than the other way around.

Gear has almost no impact on any character's leveling rate, except for items with clickies/regen/haste . If I gave a random Shaman an item with +50 Wisdom, +50 Stamina, and +200 HP/mana, their leveling rate will barely change at all because that item only increases maximums. But your level absolutely has a big impact on your plat-earning rate (and this is even more true for Shaman, since at 60 we can solo camps like NG or the Crypt in Seb, the wings in HS, etc.).

If you group this is transparently obvious: your gear has almost no impact on your ability to get a group, or on how fast that group XPs, so you level at the exact same rate whether you're in a full suit of leather or a full suit of dragon armor. Any time you spend getting gear won't help you level any faster, but it will take away from your leveling time.

Soloing classes might find it more efficient to stop for certain key items (JBB or epic for Shaman, Goblin Ring or Lumi Staff for Druids, etc.), but otherwise the same is true for them. Most of the time if you save your plat you can already afford your key items when you reach the appropriate level for them, without stopping to farm plat.

(The almost 100k Shaman epic is the one glaring exception ... but even then it's hard to argue the epic will make you level fast enough to make up for the many, many hours it would take to farm that 100k before level 60, so my point stands.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plus farming plats at 60 is not that easy, for most people it isn't really fun, I've seen so many post "where can I get rich now that I am finally 60?", there is no easy answer.
Loot farming and raiding are literally the only ways to improve at 60, so by your logic "most people" won't really have fun at level 60 unless they raid 100% of the time. There are tons of unguilded level 60s still playing (and so presumably still having fun) who suggest that's wrong.

People ask so often because again, as I said, every last player on the server who gets to level 60 can either raid or get loot. So every player on the server who reaches 60 and still wants to play their character (when not raiding) has to go somewhere to get loot, and many ask where.

But that doesn't mean earning plat at 60 is some terrible thing. Like I said, it's literally the only thing you can do to improve other than raid.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-03-2018 at 02:57 PM..
Closed Thread