Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 10:19 AM
Sarnak

Default Deputy and treant hunting question.

27 ogre currently hunting the deputies in misty thicket. I find myself pretty encumbered regularly. For anyone that's done this camp where is the easiest place to unload theses spears as an evil character?

In a similar vein, I plan to hunt treedudes in SK once I hit 29/30.my understanding is they drop a lot of heavy coin. How do you deal with the coin weight at that camp?
Old 09-12-2018, 10:36 AM
Large Bat

For the Treants and coin go to the Centaur village vendor (decent place to bind so when you get to the point you can't walk you just gate) and trade the gold/silver/copper for a gem or jewelry piece. Do this by finding one that sells back to the vendor for approximately the same value as you buy it. Just buy and sell it back until all your minor coin is turned into sweet plats. You will lose a small amount of money this way but it is helpful.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

For deputies I'll ask a lowbie halfling to vendor spears for me for a cut of the plat. Never ran into an issue across multiple characters/guard camps. I'd rather lose a little plat than have to worry about losing the camp while I go sell. 10p is plenty of a tip per bag, especially if you let them know you'll need help throughout the day.

For treants, bind at centaur village and buy then resell a gem to turn the gold/silver into plat. Its not a bad idea to keep a stack of peridots on you for doing this. You can always kill the merchant to reset its inventory and sell/buy back the peridots, he's only ~30.
Last edited by Crawdad; 09-13-2018 at 03:24 PM..
Old 09-13-2018, 03:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

For the deputies learn the path to the bottom of runnyeye. You will want invis and shrink. The goblins downstairs shouldn't be aggro if you never killed them before and they have both merchants and banker. Bind at mer chant and gate there when overloaded. Then bank the coin and run out and continue right next to misty thicket
Old 09-13-2018, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For deputies I'll ask a lowbie halfling to vendor spears for me for a cut of the plat. Never ran into an issue across multiple characters/guard camps. I'd rather lose a little plat than have to worry about losing the camp while I go sell. 10p is plenty of a tip per bag, especially if you let them know you'll need help throughout the day.

For treants, bind at centaur village and buy then resell a gem to turn the gold/silver into plat. Its not a bad idea to keep a stack of peridots on you for doing this. You can always kill the merchant to reset its inventory and sell/buy back the peridots, he's only ~30.
If I attack the vendor do the others come to his aid?
Old 09-14-2018, 05:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I attack the vendor do the others come to his aid?
I can double check later. I don't think they assist, but its been a while.