Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-03-2018, 09:06 PM
Sarnak

So not sure if anyone has found the answer to this but I'm assuming that when you use the default profile for wineq2 it's launching the default everquest.exe file instead of the batch file for project1999. Is there a fix for this? I would think there would be since wineq2 is mentioned in the project installation wiki.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:51 PM
Large Rat

I'm getting a crash at the point where character select should come up. P1999 works normally from the "launch titanium.bat" shortcut but I'd rather run through wineq2. I tried reinstalling wineq2 but no changes.

What's my next step here? This was all working fine on Jan1 but I've been away for a week and something is broken about WinEQ2 & P1999 now.

Help~
Old 02-04-2018, 02:48 AM
Kobold

Default So Not Worth It

I installed it and noticed MUCH worse game performance. And why on earth should you be required to "be logged in" to use a free-standing program?

The fact you have to register and log in to play a completely different game that they don't even own, reeks of suspicion. Combine that with the fact it really hinders performance?

Yah, uninstalled. Just wish I could unregister as well.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:00 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rredd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm getting a crash at the point where character select should come up. P1999 works normally from the "launch titanium.bat" shortcut but I'd rather run through wineq2. I tried reinstalling wineq2 but no changes.

What's my next step here? This was all working fine on Jan1 but I've been away for a week and something is broken about WinEQ2 & P1999 now.

Help~
Reinstall P1999 fixed this issue.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:37 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by clacbec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
win eq2 asking me to update directx however i m on windows10 , no DX to update when i check Windows update . Bug ?
Anyone have a solution for this? I'm running Windows 8, DX 11, but WinEQ2 is telling me I need to update Directx... Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:05 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Hi all,

i have a problem with wineq2, i made the setup like it was told and if i start with wineq2 i get the message

WinEQ 2 was able to launch D:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe, but failed to attach to it

anyone know how to fix this?
Old 07-30-2018, 11:46 AM
Large Rat

Does anyone have any advice for if Wineq 2.0 keeps crashing? I can get it to run but it's completely random and crashes more often than not.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:44 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by feydain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So not sure if anyone has found the answer to this but I'm assuming that when you use the default profile for wineq2 it's launching the default everquest.exe file instead of the batch file for project1999. Is there a fix for this? I would think there would be since wineq2 is mentioned in the project installation wiki.
I'm having the same problem, did you ever find the fix for this?
Old 01-07-2019, 09:54 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by feydain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you ever find the fix for this? My WinEQ2 wants to do the same thing.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:59 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you ever find the fix for this? My WinEQ2 wants to do the same thing.

Waiting on an answer to this as well.....[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]