Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 01:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've camped around a dozen rings over the years here. Druid at 39 was amazingly bad compared to a 29 necro/mage/enchanter. The best advice I can give you is to camp this with a pet class alt or bard.

Charm is too unreliable. Coupled with all the soothsayer pathers, you will have a horribly frustrating time trying to camp couriers with a charmed pet at 30. PHs are 30sec repop, you will lose track of them within the first half hour (of your ~6 hour camp). Eventually (read: several times per hour) you will have a charm break, while fighting a soothsayer, and lose track of your PH/courier. You then have to recharm, kill the add, find your wandering PHs and start all over. I'll take a 29 pet class over a 50+ druid for this camp any day.

This is honestly one of the most soul crushing camps you can do. At least with other terrible camps you can Alt-tab out. Again, if you want any hope of getting a goblin ring, you need to be able to devote 2-3 hours per session (6-8 hours is common) to killing 2 mobs as soon as they spawn, every 30 seconds. The PHs/courier path immediately upon spawning, so you can't look away for very long.

Its awful. Unless you're a glutton for punishment, just level to 39 and port for a few days and buy the ring. Use hide/camo to break charm until then.
all of this is true and correct and the other posters are wrong
Closed Thread