Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 09:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having never done them I'm curious: are they light blue or blue when you're killing them this way? And how many (1.5 min) curses does it take to kill them?

Because when I did the same thing with Seafuries,

A) they were geen to me
B) four (maybe three but I think four) curses
C) doing 7 would take forever, because I couldn't keep refreshing curses perfectly, it took time to pull, some would break root, etc.
D) after doing 7 greens I'd be low on health and mana, because the mobs can still get hits in before root, after root breaks, etc. plus the roots themselves cost mana (not a lot, but doing 7 mobs with semi-frequent root breaks adds up), heals cost mana, finishing the mob off at the end (if I was impatient at least) cost mana, etc.

So when I did the math on all that it was totally worth it for grinding gems, but even if they had been light blue it wouldn't have been as good of XP as a simple root/rot camp because they took so long to kill that way.

But if you can do 7-8 blue Drovarg Captains at once and not die (7 blue seafuries would have killed me fairly often) then geez, I wish I'd known about that camp when I was leveling up!
It's been a while but I'm pretty sure that's what I did at level 58-59(I distinctly remember finishing leveling to 60 by soloing hand room) and it was a very very fast level. You can do 4 dark blues very easily this way. 5 pretty easy. 6 my guess starts to get challenging and 7 becomes a balancing act I believe. When you get to a certain point you're just rooting and epicing with no down time and you get mana over time from canni and hp from regrowth and hopefully fungi. So you need that tool as well to do the higher number of mobs effectively or else they will wear you down.
Last edited by Teppler; 09-11-2018 at 09:43 PM..
Old 09-11-2018, 10:11 PM
Banned

Another thing about KC is that there's almost always a chanter at ent or in one of the court yards to get clarity 2 from. I'm sure that was a factor as well.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:02 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you get to a certain point you're just rooting and epicing with no down time and you get mana over time from canni and hp from regrowth and hopefully fungi. So you need that tool as well to do the higher number of mobs effectively or else they will wear you down.
Being a troll it worked well without fungi, can't speak for lesser races obviously [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Vallon Zek (1999-2003) <Boten der Apokalypse, House T'Sai, Innoruuk's Legion, Orden des Lichts, Ancient Orden, Ancient Dawn>
[65 Barb SHM] Stear | [54 DE CLR] Palanthas
Closed Thread